Smart AI?

In the original game of Fire Emblem,
An enemy unit can choose their weapon which has the best opportunity. For example, a general has a “Spear” and a “Silver Axe” is defending and couldn’t move. When a unit is closed to him, he will use the axe, but if a unit is away from him as the range is 2, he will use the spear. But, I want the enemy AI is smarter. For example, a general has a “Riderbane” and a “Hammer” is defending and couldn’t move. When a unit which is the armored type closed to him, he will use the “Hammer” to attack, when a unit is the mounted type closed to him, he will use the “Riderban” to attack. Also, he could realize which type of weapon the enemy is using to use the type of weapon which has effective against his enemy. For example, a general has a “Lance” and an “Axe” is defending and couldn’t move. When a unit using “Sword” is closed to him, he will use the “Lance” to attack. When a unit using “Lance” is closed to him, he will use the “Axe” to attack.
Is there any clue how to make that work? Waiting for your answer.

You want this for what? The original fire emblem?
I’m unsure of what you are asking.

As far as I know what you described is how the AI already works in latter titles, I’m unsure of how it went in the original because I warpskipped the whole thing.

3 Likes

It doesn’t happen in later titles. The only title that did this is FE4, where bosses can switch to their ranged weapons if you attack at range.

I don’t think that’s what we are talking about though, it’s not units switching weapons when you attack them, but units switching weapons to attack you.

Units switching weapons when you attack them is just cheating lol. (Unless it’s a skill I guess)