Shouzou Kaga Announces SRPG Studio Indie Game

I talk to @Alusq regularly on Skype and he helps me with Japanese, but he’s not a native speaker; he’s only been studying Japanese for a few years and can’t quite hold a conversation yet, nor can he read much (he’s only learned maybe six hundred kanji.) I suppose I could benefit from talking to a native Japanese speaker, though. You are a native Japanese speaker, right? (I don’t know any in real life - although there are a lot of Chinese and Korean people where I live, Japanese people are pretty much non-existent.) And yeah, as for the Chinese hacker, you’re referring to @MisakaMikoto, right? I thought that Misaka was Japanese at first, actually. But it’s an easy mistake to make since obviously few Chinese people know Japanese (historical reasons and whatnot.)

Recently I am playing Final Fantasy with several jp players till around 2:00 every night. >_<

@L95
I learned American English from movies!

Lawliet?

Thaaaaat guy!? He was on the original FEU, hahah. Shared some really cool battle animations from the Chinese fans way back in the day; there were some great Tellius GBA-style ones.

@MisakaMikoto
I’m sorry, but I have no idea.

@Arch
Thank you very much Arch.

やはり彼ですね。Siguldさんはとてもいい人と思います。彼から任天堂クラブの点数をたくさん受けたから、大感謝ですwww

1 Like

@MisakaMikoto
Oh is it he!? how miracle this is.

I wish I was good enough to submit an animation or something.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this project.

I want to share some of my anims with him but idk if my standard is up to par with his hahaha…

looks like i gotta take out all the splicy parts out!

@klono are there screen shots with a specific style of animation he wants?

and is he looking for any specific sort of class animation?

@ghast I am still working now ;(

1 Like

no problem!

It seems that Japanese work stress is also so heavy, unlike those western guys.

I know it will require a great deal of labor

@klono

yeah, because im totally down to try to make some animations, but I could use some assets from the SRPG studio thing. I think me, and maybe Merc could collaborate and try to do something!

let him know that a foreigner wants to try to help!

Oh, he also wants edits of existing assets? Or did I misread.

@klono: Thank you for reaching out to Kaga! Hopefully he’s excited by the interest generated among fans of in the western community. It’s my pleasure to help him however I am able, I have long admired Kaga for his sense of vision.

Sounds like he’s coming back to prove a point; I believe that he could easily make a better game through SRPG Studio than the last five FE games produced by Intelligent Systems.

A few thoughts; Kaga needn’t underwrite the expense for all of us. There will (hopefully) be quite a few contributors, don’t want to put a dent in his wallet! What would be useful, though, is if someone got basic image files of the battle animations and map sprites from the default SRPG Studio package. That way, the resources would be readily available for editing as Kaga has outlined.

@L95: Yes, that’s how I understand it. So basically, the biggest thing Kaga needs is a really awesome looking dragon (the knight on top is already part of the package).

2 Likes

相変わらず理想主義者ですね笑

It seems that he just needs some reskins.

Personally I already have held a product version of that tool. >_<

私は彼を尊敬する理由はここにあります

Hopefully Google translate didn’t ruin that too badly. I’m trying to say “this is why I admire him,” lol.

Once we can see what all is included in the standard SRPG Studio package, we’ll have a better idea of what can be made from these edits. TRS seems to be the base for what he’s referencing in his explanations of the classes. Unfortunately I don’t know much about Berwick.

@Arch what he said, if I could get screen caps or sheets of the existing animations and map sprites, then that would be very helpful. That’s all I think I’d need.

@MisakaMikoto if you could send me some files that would be hype