REDFE - Yes, Roy is in this game

E - Come to our discord server for the most recent releases!

REDFE is an FE8 (U) hack featuring a lot of red haired characters. Sounds familiar? Yeah, this is inspired by Midori.

Originally, this idea started out as some people throwing around idea’s after playing Midori. We looked at different colors like red, purple, yellow, etc.

Purple did look interesting, but eventually I decided to start up REDFE as a bit of a learning exercise, since I’ve been watching FE hacking for a while, but I’d never really commited to learning.

A lot of these modern tools are real easy to learn and I’ve gotten a ton of support. After I got given my first mug from Tyty, I felt like “hmm, maybe I should actually do this.” So I’m here now.

So far, it looks like we’ll have:

• A new set of characters. It has Subaki, Dorcas and Radd, so you’ll see the red heads you like. Unless you like Skrimir. Maybe. Roy and Eliwood are your main lords. This hack began before FE15 so the cast is mainly characters from before it.
  • Writing altered to accommodate our different cast. The plot still follows the general strokes of FE8, but Lyon isn’t our old friend.
  • Newish maps and events. I’m not a great mapper, but I can work events well enough. This is a bit more than a reskin, hopefully.
  • FEU’s skill system. A lot of work has been done over time to try and reduce pointless skill bloat while still allowing for interesting things like movement skills. (Also I totally did movement skills + canto first)
  • A level of difficulty higher than FE8. I doubt I’ll change enemy growths that much, but I definitely intend for them to get better weapons. This isn’t a hard mode hack though. Play on normal for a normal experience, play on hard for something harder than vanilla.

The most recent version of the patch can always be found in my discord but the last patch in the thread runs for 13 chapters.

Credits
Bluey - Salem, Radd, Saias, placeholder Xane, fixing up many older mugs and battle palettes
Tyty - Anna, Cordelia
Blade - Lena, Lukas, Maria, Subaki
Xigdar - Arvis, Gazelle, Lawson, Saizo (and anim), Norris
Peerless - Cain
Squid - Minerva
Atey - Julian (frames by Eise)
TBA - Etzel
NickT - Kieran
Everyone who worked on the skill system
FEU for helping me learning how to work EA.

REDFE-31 REDFE-55

21 Likes

Sounds like a cool hack! Can’t wait!

Taking a leaf from Green’s book and making out units red, eh? Good to see some solid effort going in. Good luck!

Are the different colored stats representing their growths like FEIV?

Yes, it is.

Keep up the great work!

You should rename the hack something catchy, like Fire Emblem Crimson Road, because the road will be paved red with the blood of red haired waifus.

Or something else. Idk. RedFE seems kinda underwhelming.

Looking :ok_hand::eyes:
@ me if you want some maps done

This is sick, can we get multiple Annas?

Nothing like that planned, that Anna mug is from before I was including 3DSFE and I needed some pegs. So I made her one.

I dunno Klok. Crimson Road sounds like every other FE ROM hack. I’d just call it Crimson, or Scarlet. Or maybe translate red into another language, so maybe Fire Emblem Aka, or Fire Emblem Rojo.

Fire Emblem FireRed

2 Likes

FireRed Emblem.

&Knuckles

Scarlet Emblem: Red-Hot Raiders?

Redy McRedy face

Before this thread devolves into The Under, do you have a list of character sprites you still need?

RedPatch

There’s a few I still need, yeah.

• Saias
  • Minerva
  • Etzel
  • Sully

Could we get a list of who’s getting in or would you rather not spoil it