Project Fire Shell Concepts

You mean that bootleg Holsety I made way back?

Actually yeah I think it was that. Do you still have it somewhere?

DSFE Excalibur could probably be possible, does somebody have the rips somewhere?

Should be in the PM somewhere

Other shit that would be cool

• Developing mission types missing from the GBAFE engine (i.e. escape - with optional FE5 penalties).
  • Expanding the possibilities for PRF weapons. I pitched this hack to Hextator a while back: Determines PRF weapons in an array; one entry corresponding to each weapon/item slot (255 total, obviously). The first byte specifies whether the lock applies to characters or classes (01 for char, 02 for class?), followed by a pointer to the list. Seperated by 00. XX PP PP PP PP 00. Also adding support for FEDS-style ā€œsoftā€ weapon locks (Aura locked to Linde until wlv B)?
  • Support for crossbows? This was my proposal based on BwdYetiā€™s method. Changes Damage and Hit calculations to enable Crossbow weapons: Damage = (Mgt * (2.5 for T1 or 3 for T2)), instead of (Str+Mgt). Hit = (Str+Skl) instead of (Skl*2). Can assign this to specific classes (which would override the formula for all bows, for crossbows as a class), or to specific weapons (for crossbows as a subtype of bow).
  • Being able to vary seize-capable units based on chapter.
  • Support for multiple bards, not allowing them to refresh each other.

Adding to this still. Split off the branched promotions discussion into another topic.

Heh. Iā€™ve thought about doing this myself for years but didnā€™t have the skills needed to pull it off, or everytime I started I got distracted by something else. Chaos Mode was the closest Iā€™ve gotten in recent memory and itā€™s just kinda MEH with regards to that.

Suggestion: Add the Dragoon class that Mercenary Lord made. Itā€™s not posted on the forums, but I can get permission for it. IMO itā€™s better than all the available halberdiers. I was planning to include it as an insertable for a post-release of FEXNA so getting it in with this project too would be pretty cool.

Also, youā€™ll need to make a whole new set of nightmare modules so that newbies will be able to use this new patch. Thatā€™s more work. Just stuff to think about.

Iā€™ll have a look & post it if I can find it (assuming youā€™re okay with thatā€¦? :P)

Is that the Dragoon from Death or Glory? I thought it was exclusive, but itā€™s a cool redskin to have around if Merc Lord and NYz are cool about it

Iā€™m looking for something more standardized - anybody who wants the Dragoon is free to import it, though!

Enjoying how things are shaping up with this so far - we were chatting about this, and honestly this is a great community project. Ye olde FEU spawned the artist-now-known as The Last Promise (formerly Tactics Universe), Serenes Forest had its Serenes Emblem, and FEU2 can have Project Fire Shell. Instead of some sub-par self-insert game, weā€™re building a community project for use by the community.

I think thatā€™s pretty cool - this sums it up perfectly for me:

Iā€™d say itā€™s certainly better than some mediocre forum hack. :smiley:

sooo how is the actual creation of this gonna go about anyways?

Iā€™ve got a folder on my desktop, and Iā€™ll start taking care of business, then pass it along as the contributors contribute. I communicate with most of them through here and through skype as well.

I do have a female summoner somewhere if you wanted to add that to the list. Also would the King (Zephiel) and dark druid classes be available too? You could add a permanently transformed manakete too I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s fine by me itā€™s just shitty quality

werenā€™t all the animations we made lol was just going to post it to give people an idea I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

You have a point

i just realized that this is the topic with the most posts so far. well guess thatā€™s a good thing. also for classes like warrior female and some of the others without animations are animation creation for the classes going to be a thing?

I would definitely try to make that a thing.

okay good.

I love this idea. Having a workable base will increase the over-all quality of ROM hacks released from the point this is released on. Talk about a great investment!

This is what Iā€™ve got after two days of work, lol. If anything, this patch will repoint the tables to free space (expanding them) for you and install a bunch of hacks dealing with weapons. So thereā€™s that.

http://puu.sh/9M0SW/81acf1530a.png

Look at all of the pretty hax.