FE Fates Discussion Topic

Also here’s the link to the Camilla scene that’s still in the game

Some Fates spoilers I guess (if you care)

1 Like

Holy fucking shit…
That’s still in the game, but they took out the face stuff?

This, definitely changes things.
Fire Emblem is dead to me.

2 Likes

After there is this beautiful little interaction too:

Or here if video doesn’t show

What the fuck Japan.

1 Like

Treehouse logic

You’ll have to forgive me for not understanding the expression.

I mean, to each their own, but I’m really not seeing where anything like this fits the theme of the series.

Character development? Cool.
Relationships? Good for building a story.
Tapping your screen to simulate creepy petting? Very tactical indeed.

To be fair, though, I never continued on with the series after picking up Shadow Dragon for the DS, so I can’t complain too much.

1 Like

Nintendo Treehouse did the localizing so they’d be responsible for any changes/things kept the same

They took out skinshipping but left Camilla’s everything unaltered

It’s not about it being a good part of the series, it’s about nintendo playing nanny and removing content because some people find it objectionable.

now im wondering if its all a lie. and kotaku are just dicks. im turning my brain off until noa confirms something

1 Like

Keep the torches on standby till the 19th

We might get a riot in the end

i feel like Nintendo should be putting in more effort to quell the uproar. The news has caused a big rift in several communities yesterday. You’d think they’d say something at this point, but instead they just released a 30 second trailer -.-

2 Likes

They didn’t do something for the Metroid failure, why they will even bother in a second-party title?

This game should be rated M to include all these disturbing things, but Nintendo is too greedy to let go the kids’ sales.

1 Like

Rated M for gratuitous amounts of waifu/husbando petting

3 Likes

I’m either getting old or am officially not in the know anymore…
What’s an MRA?

1 Like

What I’m saying is that there are people of a certain ideological persuasion who have ulterior motives when it comes to anything regarding Kotaku, but especially on the subject of gender in video games. I’m completely unsurprised that there would be an effort to discredit their reporting, given the history. Some people are outright accusing Kotaku of making the whole thing up, because apparently they’ve got nothing better to do than prank skinshippers?

Men’s Rights Activists.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I kinda figured that. Though Kotaku does have a reputation of being less-than-great at being a news source, but they’ve been right in the past (split versions of fates in the US, Fallout 4 leaks, etc).

I have read those comments about people who think Kotaku made it up to get views or rile people up though, those are kinda funny and a bit sad.

2 Likes

Split versions, wait, so Fates in JP wasn’t split?

Fates is splitted in Japan too, but there is a single-cartridge version that have Nohr and Hoshido (Not including the third route, but it’s free to download if you have that version)

The comments in this video are cancerous

People are really upset for this, lol
And it wasn’t even confirmed by Nintendo anyway

and most importantly, it’s still a solid game even without the damn petting perv feature

The only thing I really liked were the kiss scenes/dialogues, though I find it ridiculous that you’ve to treat a human like a dog to unlock them.

2 Likes

This is getting ridiculous.
A PC version of the skinship was made in 4chan