FE Fates Discussion Topic

I find these two quotes inherently dissonant. If you don’t find something harmful, then why use derogatory language to describe the people who like it? Saying it’s “anime bullshit” is totally different from invoking stereotypes about the audience thereof.

1 Like

It’s harmful to the image of the series, it’s potentially offensive to parents who buy this game under the impression that it’s about fantasy kingdoms and conflicts (instead of a self-insert dating sim), and it’s insensitive to fans who’ve stuck with the series just to have the developers blatantly subvert the point of Fire Emblem to sell more copies of the game.

3 Likes

It’s not the content that was cut, it’s that content was cut.

1 Like

I knew we wouldn’t be able to avoid political-ish discussions on new FEU forever

Just going to copy-paste something here:

Possibly crazy idea: what if they kept the underlying feature of skinship, but actually localized it? Meaning, it’s still a minigame that explicitly models social interaction with direct cause-and-effect on relationship status (and not some random drop-in kek voltorb flip amirite guize) - but instead of taking out a stylus and poking at character models, you, I dunno, navigate dialogue trees or something?

2 Likes

Actually that sounds way better than the actual feature.

2 Likes

I mean if it were literally just dialogue trees then it would probably fall flat, but I feel like there’s got to be something there.

The problem is that generally speaking, localizers just don’t do code changes. This sort of thing has to be a cooperative effort, and for devs to really be willing to work with localizers on that level, I figure they really need to have been aware of the “problem” (if you want to call it that) well in advance.

Apparently that one scene with Camilla is still in the game, unedited.

Y’know the one where she’s walking up to you and it zooms in on various jiggly things?

Yeah that one.

Fuck it, let’s just make our own dating sim fire emblem, with blackjacks and hookers!

yeah fuck me for trying to be optimistic right?
I was impressed with what I saw. The core gameplay for Fire Emblem looks done well (for Nohr, at least) and I’ve actually seen it for myself. Its a step in the right direction and HUGE leap forward from Awakening.

rubber tits mcgee?
yeah, that was dumb

1 Like

Don’t mind me, all of the people crying bloody murder over “censorship” are giving me a headache.

When the choice is between decent gameplay/terrible plot and terrible gameplay/decent plot, I’d really rather abstain. I’ve been watching the Linkmstr LP too. Agree to disagree, but I still wasn’t particularly “impressed.” Sorry to be such a downer, bruhhhh. I think it’s moreso that we’ve become so accustomed to Intelligent Systems not meeting basic expectations that anything resembling those expectations looks like a Donald Trump-sized “YUUUUGE leap.”

2 Likes

fair enough. I mean for all i know, the gameplay isn’t impressive, I’ll never know. Basing judgements off an LP is always shady and I think in most cases judging gameplay (good or bad) should be made when you actually experience it first hand.
so basically at the end of the day… Gaiden

1 Like

I love (Ninja) Gaiden

2 Likes

Cliff loves Ninja Gaiden too

4 Likes

I don’t get why that scene is in there but face rubbing isn’t.

I question the choices of the localization team

It’s just soooo fucking stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78QxhFx2mI
(Should be video here, it comes up in comment preview but I can’t see it in the actual post, just sayin’ in case so I don’t look like an idiot.)

1 Like

I see no video

Link to FaceRubbing.exe

1 Like

Seems legit (?)

I’m still skeptical, but we’ll see once the game is out