FE Fates Discussion Topic

this game is going to be so stupid regardless of what they try to fix now

and i’m still going to buy it
fuck why do i have hope in it

4 Likes

I would like to say I approve this message.

1 Like

Just trying to be politically correct in a stupid way.

So nothing new then

The important thing is not what was removed, it’s that it was removed at all. It’s 2016, nintendo of america can’t keep pretending japan doesn’t exist, and they can’t keep acting like their consumerbase doesn’t know what they’re doing.
Plus, now I can’t touch

[spoiler=Nintendo of america policy]Murdering your sister is A-OK, but touching her face is a no-no.[/spoiler]

3 Likes

Some of the new names are downright silly

Rhajat my son

I suppose I’m once again the only target demographic in the hacking community.
Because ngl i wanted to facerub Saizo.
Fuck the West, seriously

edit: Saizou*
death to america long live facerubbing and im learning japanese

1 Like

Couldn’t you just import it and apply the translation patch?

or play gaiden

1 Like

Face-rubbing and a lot of other mechanics in dating sims are definitely under the whole neck-beard umbrella.
It’s right up there with body pillows and mattresses with built in wet tissue boxes to clean up after you have your fun.

Fire Emblem, medieval military strategy game being reduced to a fucking dating sim.
Jesus Christ…

5 Likes

Look, if you look at Fates from a comedic perspective. Everything becomes okay. To me, fe14 is a giant punch line and now they are removing aspects that make it less funny to me.
curssessss

The series always has had it’s humour, but it never really felt like a series that had it’s comedy at it’s core. It just hurts seeing a series hung to dry, stripped of all that made it worthwhile so they could fill it with shallow bullshit because it markets well. Like Final Fantasy, they had their ups and downs but now they’re making a boy-band road-trip and remaking one of their worst numbered entries.

Breaks my heart, mate.

I’ll agree that removing it seems pointless. It’s not harmful, it’s not offensive, it’s not insensitive.
It’s just fucking stupid, pathetic and meaningless, so I question it’s initial implementation before I’ll question it’s removal.
It’s the stupid anime bullshit path the series is taking now, more so than ever. Maybe it’s more so what modern anime is becoming in general, because the series has never really strayed far from the visual style, though I always felt it was safe from the shittier tropes.

At the end of the day, you gotta do what sells and if a bunch of weebs are going to buy it so they can touch a little girls face, then fuck it, just fuck it.

6 Likes

well to be fair. The gameplay in Nohr at the very least is the most innovative that its ever been from what I’ve seen in the english translation.
The story is…
okay the core gameplay is impressive. Which is a huge step up from awakening

everything else that’s stupid I’ve just hand waved at this point. I still have a bunch of other fe games to play. And I probably won’t even play fates because lolno3ds

1 Like

–Rhajat is just an anagram of Tharja, as well as other clone characters. Matoi is Tiamo (Cordelia), Gurei is Guire (Gaius), etc.–

2 Likes

I know lol

Treehouse why

On the bright side, Yuugiri is now Reina. Which is a million times better than Yugioh.

1 Like

Imagine being a parent, not knowing about that feature, then one day walking in and seeing your kid staring at some tig ol’ bitties on their 3DS…

The only people who are truly outraged by this decision are bandwagon fans anyways.

2 Likes

1-time gimmicks for each map does not equal “innovation.” People need to stop with that silly defense before they start to forget what good SRPGs actually look like. Stop trying to cover up the stench a dumpster fire with cologne, lol.

2 Likes

But will they still believe in the heart of the cards?

I find it funny that despite the series getting new polished entries, I find myself looking forward to fan-made entries instead.
In most if not all instances and aspects, a lot of those fan-made games are better than the latest entries in the series.

Oh what a state, what a state indeed…

Even if it was more than just a couple of gimmicks, previous entries have introduced a lot more and it’s the same with fan-games. You yourself are responsible for Elibean Nights, the most creative take on a Fire Emblem hack which since it’s conception hasn’t been topped by any Nintendo FE releases.
Makes me wonder if there are any Pokémon hacks that are better than the recent games…

1 Like

I’m outraged by it. ( ._.)

1 Like