Language Discussion (Possibly Through the use of Language)

And the cool thing about French is that half of the endings sound the same, so they’re easier for me to fudge
[shot]

Me too. As a result, when I see a kanji, I can recognize it as Japanese or Chinese. :grin:

I found nothing of aisatsu in the letter.
Aisatsu(挨拶) refers to the content which has no real meaning but it is included by everyone to just be polite. It even can be created automaticly by Office Word! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At least, you can say:

XXさん、こんにちは

XXXお願いします

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

英語を話すFEコミュニティ私たちは悪いことをさられたと思います。

→ If you are the owner of the sprites, just say you are the owner. It is unwise to say I am the English and I am done sth wrong by you Japanese. If you are aimed at the entity of Japanese hackers, no wonder being attacked by them.

日本語が下手ですが、それは英語でtheft・・・盗難ということでしょう

→ It’s also unwise to say that. The purpose is to get understanding of him, so don’t call him a thief before getting his reply.

If it is only a conflict on copyright and you request the author of IF to remove your sprites, I believe that no one will tease you. But if it comes to a "international :open_mouth: " conflict, then it is quite different. It is the author of IF who steals your sprite not the jp community. They certainly felt they are offended and counterattacked.

I still think the letter is not supposed to post publicly in such a forum like SF with many visitors. Yeah, it is his fault to modify and use your sprites without asking for permission, and then you write “Thief” on his face and make it known to everyone? It is too cruel to that guy.

1 Like

Huge pain in the ass when you’re trying to write, though.

1 Like

Just like to point out this is false unless you have some kind of proof? I had the opportunity to talk to a bunch of Danish students last semester, this was never mentioned; and I still keep in touch with one of them and she disagrees with your statement.

The # at the beginning of a line is Markdown syntax for <h1>, basically.

This thing processes an ungodly hybrid of Markdown, BBCode and HTML (I had to escape the angle brackets above with HTML escapes).

I’m learning this stuff in school. It’s pretty chill. IN my 4th year in high school.

2/3, in fact.

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=965

Doesn’t the FE community have that rule… “PENIS”. Personal Experience Never Is Sufficient?

date: 2009
okay good proof

… for real? http://www.videobash.com/video_show/the-danish-language-is-deteriorating-589029

Try just googling. Lots of sources and research showing it is in fact deteriorating rapidly.

http://cip.ku.dk/english/research/research_activities/domain_loss/

http://www.ub.edu/cusc/llenguesmitjanes/?conferencies=“challenges-facing-danish-as-a-medium-sized-language”

I know you were joking with “PENIS” but I always heard PEMN, though I haven’t seen anyone say that in a while.

@L95 it is PEMN but klok just thinks he’s funny.

@Dancer_A if you just ignore him he’ll go away!

@Crazycolorz5 i took immersion and french is my minor, but i’m actually so bad at the grammar part of french i need to retake grammar courses… Speaking is a looooooot easier than writing holy cowzers. (at least imo)

1 Like

I’m Canadian like you, @ghast and I didn’t pick up on French at all; I was absolutely terrible at it and I don’t think I ever did better than a high C. I was so bad that I actually waived the mandatory ninth grade french requirement, and I don’t remember a single thing now. I really regret that in retrospect and I wish I had taken French more seriously… in fact, I found out a few years later that i wasn’t allowed to apply to any good schools in the States because I didn’t have two years of a foreign language in high school. This is one reason why I’m taking Japanese now: I’m compensating for my past. Honestly, I think I was outright stupid as a child, even though I was in a gifted program.
But anyway. I don’t think the French education around here is actually any better than in the States for those not in immersion (I wasn’t, obviously…), but then again, I’m from Ontario so… I heard that although we didn’t have AP French at my high school last year, a few twelfth grade students took the exam after self-studying and apparently they found it as hard as an American twelfth grade student studying French would, so maybe it’s not much better, if at all.

@MisakaMikoto

Mind if I ask: Where are you really from? You said you were a native Chinese speaker (I’m only in the absolute loosest sense a native Chinese speaker; like most other young Chinese-Canadians born in the English-speaking world, I can barely speak any form of Chinese at all and can read maybe fifty characters), so I assume you’re from China… And since you’re not native Japanese, how well do you know Japanese? Do you know any languages other than Chinese, Japanese, and English?

Meh, French is just plain terrible as a language :wink: I like to tell people that I got a total of 11 years instruction in French and 3 in German, and ended up more fluent in German (though they’re both pretty rusty now).