Inserted Midis only plays the 3 first tracks

Hi there,
I started to insert some music which work fine after some problems (I inserted them via sappy). As it seems I have several midis that plays fine in Avril Studio but in Sappy or Ingame they only play the first few tracks. A few play 4 but the most only 3 Tracks at a time. The other Tracks plays here and there a note but there mostly silent.
Does someone know how to fix it?

Do you have multiple notes per track? FE7’s limit is both seven tracks and seven notes playing at the same time (unless you insert all your music past something like 0x80, which gives you eight tracks/notes), so if you have all the tracks playing a chord with multiple notes it won’t work. Also, go into the settings in Sappy and be sure you have the DirectSound limit set to 7 or 8 (the default is 5 because of pokémon games, I think) so Sappy plays them correctly.

2 Likes

That helps a lot. I think I may have some multiple notes in some midis. Posting them past 0x80 makes most of them sound perfectly fine.

The caveat is that when you do the past-0x80 method, you have to make sure that no song before that point plays at any point after the title screen (iırc). See here for more details.

But hey, if it works it works! ^ш^

1 Like

I’m glad someone has been paying attention…

1 Like

I’ve checked the midis again and found some multiple notes. I deleted some and now everything works perfectly fine. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes