How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

My mother had an SNES growing up. So she played A LOT of games. When Amazon became Amazon, she started to look for a new series and stumbled upon Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of the Emblem. She loved the game even though it was in Japanese ONLY!!! She could translate Japanese as well as she spoke English. When i was 8, my mother asked me if I wanted to play a game. “Sure thing”, I said. On December 8th,2010. I played FE for the first time. I quickly fell in love with the game. We played the SNES/Sup. Famicom trilogy. My first playing by myself was Echoes and my love for the series was renewed.

Ambassador program gave me Sacred Stones

Took me five years before I finally played the game and appreciated it lol

1 Like

My teacher was selling his son’s old Gameboy advance when I was around fifth grade and my mom bought it for me, and the Blazing Sword was one of the games that came with it and I loved the game as soon as I started playing it.

Super Smash Bros Melee ! I wanted to know where Roy and Marth were from and so I played Fire Emblem 7 and I just fell in love with the serie.

I burned my school’s emblem

someone made a fire emblem joke

I went to see what fire emblem was later on

6 Likes

Wow…

My mom actually got the game early on in my life (like right when it released in the US), and played through FE7 and FE8 a few times. FE8 was the first I really played, then Fe7 a bit. I wouldn’t consider myself a fan until Shadow Dragon dropped. I fell in love with some of the mechanics it had FE7&8 didn’t (Namely the generics if you’re bad and forging), and played through the GBA games, including Binding Blade on some website because I no longer have physicals for the game. Eventually I found Rom Hacks and played them, and became a member of the community

I liked Ike.

1 Like

Friends made me play FE8 on emulator ~7 years ago. Awakening happened. Then I played everything else. No idea how those friends got into FE, that’s probably a more interesting story than mine.

I played Heroes. Then Echoes. Then Awakening. Then I stopped heroes. Then I decided to play all the rest. Every single one

Found Fire Emblem 4 Genealogy of the Holy war with a crappy messed up translation on a PS2 Snes Station disc(yes, an emulator for SNES that ran in a ps2, as crazy as it sounds) In my first play only Sigurd and Arden survived the prologue lmao. later on I played Smash Bros Brawl and found, oh hey, that’s “Ziglud”(marth) and “Celice”(Ike) so I played the other games of the series.

I love this story so much. Arden is the best

Dad and Arden survived!!! Arden survived!!! Fin DIED!!!

oof…you’ve come a long way, have you?

I love Genealogy’s First Gen, minus"Arvis, you bastard"

Isn’t this the third time someone’s had to tell you to edit your posts instead of triple posting?

Arden only survived because I left him in the castle LMAO

andTheT1Noob:
I too love Genealogy of the Holy War as well.

YangKai Marry me then if you love Genealogy. Wait I don’t know your gender.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl , when I saw Marth, Ike, and played as them, and the stickers of Fire Emblem characters I had to find out more about the series so I got a GBA emulator and played FE7.

1 Like

My neighbour (also friend in middle school) has a gba with only have 1 game name “sword of mana” or something similar. He invited me to play but i didn’t like that game much. Then another friend of mine gave me a copy of fe7 rom as birthday gift but i didn’t have gba yet, so I borrowed my neighbour’s. Having fun since then. (yeah i know it sounds boring)