Greetings from a wannabe writer

Hello, forums. I’m Julian, or TLoD. The latter is a shorthand form of The Lord of Dome, a name I used a few years back on Pokemon Showdown, back when the original Twitch Plays Pokemon memes were going around. Fun times.

I’m 17, and have been playing FE for 2 years. Sometime in late 2015, I was going on a random shopping spree as I had been given a large amount of money for my birthday, buying random games in the “RPG” section from the 3DS eShop. Picked up a few good ones, namely Bravely Default, Tales of the Abyss (I think), and FE: Awakening. Needless to say since I’m writing this, I played the hell out of Awakening. One thing led to another.

As for what I can actually contribute. I have no familiarity whatsoever with anything regarding coding or the inner workings of the GBA FE games (I’d rather hack FE4, but I gather that there are a lot more resources available for FEGBA, esp. 7), and after a few attempts at understanding it all, I’ve turned to a different approach - writing.

I’ve been writing fantasy fiction inspired by FE for about a year now. (Tried fanfiction, not my thing.) My problem is that I’m not quite good at it yet; in the future, I want to improve my writing, and possibly contribute a full or partial script to one of those popular full-release games, like TLP, Requiem, etc. I’d like to help make a game, plain and simple, and writing seems to be the best way I can join in.

2 Likes

GREETINGS, FLESHLING
Welcome to FEU. GBAFE is the most hacked era, but focus has mainly shifted onto FE8 recently. If you haven’t already, take a look at our discord (a quick search for Discord should get you there quickly.) If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

welcome! have you any samples of your writing?

Welcome! Writing tends to be an undervalued talent in the community; hope you stick around.

It isn’t bad. Your phrasing and vocabulary is good. The writing is a bit weird, though, as it’s written from a first person perspective and particularly in the first few paragraphs I don’t believe anyone talks like this. also…

this has got to be the most redundant line I’ve ever read

1 Like

Agreed about the redundancy, understandable criticisms. I can work on that.

Thanks for actually reading it.