Forum Maintenance Master Thread

[spoiler=extra aerodynamic] [/spoiler]

4 Likes

^I donā€™t know why but that last one made me lol actually.

Hyperlinks within spoilers donā€™t work :frowning:

Oh, unless you put it within the spoiler, like so:

[spoiler=SPOILER TITLE][Hello!][1]
[1] http://www.url.com[/spoiler]

To create a poll:

[poll]
- Option 1
- Option 2
- Etc...
[/poll]
2 Likes

About letter avatars not always working - Iā€™m looking into it.

EDIT:

based discourse upgrade thanks arch

Letter avatars master race.

As nice as the letters are, I had to ditch mine.

You damn traitor.

1 Like

YouTube embeds are broken.

Fair warning: Unknown-length Downtime starting in probably less than 10 minutes

1 Like

@CT075
cam I know other have said this but like, this affects me now

Cam pls fix youtube

if i knew how, i would

there are more pressing things, like the fact that confirmation emails are broken (again)

CC @Arch?

(since weā€™re talking about broken stuff, pinned topics become unpinned every time I open them, it fills me with sadness.)

The ā€œfreeā€ e-mail service that handles our e-mails, Mandrill (recommended by the discourse dev team), has been bought by another company and turned into a paid feature. Iā€™ll have to set up a new e-mail service for FEU to use. In the mean time, I believe that we can manually authorize any new accounts in the ACP.

2016-05-27

Apologies for the downtime. In case you canā€™t tell, weā€™ve warped back in time about 10 days (to May 17th) due to a shitty mistake on my part and losing the majority of the server database. Bear with us while we fix all the damage.

1 Like

2016-08-23

Wellā€¦ You may or may not have noticed that the site has at least a few issues since we time travelled. Spoilers are tiny, search doesnā€™t auto-update, and I donā€™t know why.

BEFORE I PROMISE ANYTHING (as Iā€™m currently a poor uni student who canā€™t get his dumb linux machine onto the network), I want some data. Discourse Meta has lead me to believe that the current spoilers plugin is the root cause of all our issues. However, I currently do not believe we have a better alternative, besides the ā€œdetailsā€ HTML tag. Iā€™m not opposed to swapping the spoiler tag to use that instead, but that would take some doing and time. Additionally, these spoilers wouldnā€™t work for people on certain browsers (see this link to see if youā€™re compatible).

Iā€™m always looking to do the best I can for this community. Let me know if you think you have an idea (or if the details tag wonā€™t work for you), and Iā€™ll look into a workaround. Thanks!

2019-10-30

Iā€™m amazed that weā€™ve gone this long without needing to go down for maintenance.

Emails are broken. Iā€™m currently working on it.

9 Likes

2020-05-30

Another year, another backend problem. Iā€™m putting the site into readonly mode while we migrate to a new server, because this one is reaching its limits.

1 Like

2020-05-31 (again)

Well, we lost about an hour of posts because I messed up. I THINK weā€™re fixed again.

5 Likes