Forum Maintenance Master Thread

it’s [spoiler=name]

[spoiler=extra aerodynamic] [/spoiler]

4 Likes

^I don’t know why but that last one made me lol actually.

Hyperlinks within spoilers don’t work :frowning:

Oh, unless you put it within the spoiler, like so:

[spoiler=SPOILER TITLE][Hello!][1]
[1] http://www.url.com[/spoiler]

To create a poll:

[poll]
- Option 1
- Option 2
- Etc...
[/poll]
2 Likes

About letter avatars not always working - I’m looking into it.

EDIT:

based discourse upgrade thanks arch

Letter avatars master race.

As nice as the letters are, I had to ditch mine.

You damn traitor.

1 Like

YouTube embeds are broken.

Fair warning: Unknown-length Downtime starting in probably less than 10 minutes

1 Like

@CT075
cam I know other have said this but like, this affects me now

Cam pls fix youtube

if i knew how, i would

there are more pressing things, like the fact that confirmation emails are broken (again)

CC @Arch?

(since we’re talking about broken stuff, pinned topics become unpinned every time I open them, it fills me with sadness.)

The “free” e-mail service that handles our e-mails, Mandrill (recommended by the discourse dev team), has been bought by another company and turned into a paid feature. I’ll have to set up a new e-mail service for FEU to use. In the mean time, I believe that we can manually authorize any new accounts in the ACP.

2016-05-27

Apologies for the downtime. In case you can’t tell, we’ve warped back in time about 10 days (to May 17th) due to a shitty mistake on my part and losing the majority of the server database. Bear with us while we fix all the damage.

1 Like

2016-08-23

Well… You may or may not have noticed that the site has at least a few issues since we time travelled. Spoilers are tiny, search doesn’t auto-update, and I don’t know why.

BEFORE I PROMISE ANYTHING (as I’m currently a poor uni student who can’t get his dumb linux machine onto the network), I want some data. Discourse Meta has lead me to believe that the current spoilers plugin is the root cause of all our issues. However, I currently do not believe we have a better alternative, besides the “details” HTML tag. I’m not opposed to swapping the spoiler tag to use that instead, but that would take some doing and time. Additionally, these spoilers wouldn’t work for people on certain browsers (see this link to see if you’re compatible).

I’m always looking to do the best I can for this community. Let me know if you think you have an idea (or if the details tag won’t work for you), and I’ll look into a workaround. Thanks!

2019-10-30

I’m amazed that we’ve gone this long without needing to go down for maintenance.

Emails are broken. I’m currently working on it.

9 Likes

2020-05-30

Another year, another backend problem. I’m putting the site into readonly mode while we migrate to a new server, because this one is reaching its limits.

1 Like