Forum Maintenance Master Thread

That annoys me too, but I like to complain about useful functions first

Weā€™re unfortunately yoked to whatever the most recent update of discourse is (well, theoretically I could manually rollback but that would mean a ton of downtime while I figure out how to make the launcher work), and it updates any time we try to install a plugin.

Iā€™m intending to ffix a lot of the UI issues you guys have once I have a spare moment away from school and other commitments

Youā€™d be the real MVP if you can undo all of jatwoodā€™s nonsensical changes. Like seriously, I canā€™t think of a single ā€œUI issueā€ that isnā€™t something deliberately done by Discourseā€™s creator as part of an update.

1 Like

Just wanted to give an update to yā€™all; the site experienced a few hours of downtime today, and I owe a small explanation. Basically, the debit card I was paying with expired last month, and I hadnā€™t noticed that the information provided to the service provider was outdated.

Good thing I caught it in time, too. They were about to nuke the site! My account was temporarily suspended, but itā€™s been paid off and luckily catastrophe was averted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1287867/card%20images/watching%20smile.jpg
Close one

REMINDME: Download a backup of the site database at the end of every month

1 Like

week?

itā€™s backed up weekly but i figured as long as someone has a backup whenever we get close to a credit card expiration deadline weā€™re good

Hey, @CT075 itā€™s close to the end of May. Hereā€™s to a reminder Kappa.

07/12/2015

You may have noticed that tags are back. Discourse apparently has a fully-endorsed tagging plugin so weā€™re trying that again. Weā€™re also slowly turning into stack overflow; question askers will now be able to select answers as the ā€œchosen answerā€ as a way to show gratitude to someone who was particularly helpful. There may be other assorted features slowly getting rolled out as well, so keep in tune and make sure to let me know of any glitches, either in this thread or by PMing me.

E: yes, i am aware that tags are pretty useless. my hype was spent too. iā€™m working on it, okay?

E2: well that hype was short-lived. RIP tags

ā€“fuck discourse wonā€™t just let me quote a post and submit this software sucksā€“

1 Like

I still really like the new Solutions system though. Hopefully it helps make the questions and requests sections more readable as it gets adopted.

Unfortunately the tags plugin is pretty lame out of the box; Iā€™m thinking we should make some wikiposted directory topics, and hopefully that helps out our organization in basically the same way.

Sorry about the downtime, guys, just cleaning up a bit of the server drive so we donā€™t have to have another panic when the server fills up with random disk images.

1 Like

OKAY i think I might have fixed the quote issues

i have no idea why that happened

A bit of a categorical change: Iā€™ve moved all of the topics from the old ā€œFire Emblemā€ category into ā€œSocial,ā€ which has been renamed into ā€œCommunity.ā€

So wooo, #change?

[spoiler=good news]We have collapsing spoilers! Finally![/spoiler]

3 Likes

By the seven heavensā€¦

1 Like

omg it actually works on my browser

[spoiler] We have what? How do we set the spoiler message text?[/spoiler]

itā€™s [spoiler=name]