[DEPRECATED] Fire Shell - Prototype Release Topic

For sure. I’d love to include the modular battle routine.

Sorry for taking too long to check. Fixed them. (just need to change 3 byte.)
[spoiler]27400 into 31, 2742A into 00, and 2743A into 32[/spoiler]

@icecube: THanks for that. Works like a charm!

Also, while I was meditating under the forest I figured I’d rebuild the first chapter of Exalted Legacy in FireShell, just to see how it actually felt to use.

I’d say it went well enough. Got a damn bIOS error for importing a blue-haired moving Eliwood map sprite cuz wut?

And also for @icecube, the crit 0 effect isn’t working when applied to the bronze weapons for whatever reason?

Setting something to 0 or 100 is probably one of the easiest things to do with modular battle; I did that with the prototype hit a while back.

Am I seeing an axe armor sprite in that image?

It’s a redone lance armor by @Agro. You can find it here with his other custom map sprites.

. . . guess i really am just incompetent cause i cant get a proper map insertion ;_;

The map, map changes and event entries aren’t dropdowns anymore, and the C9C9CC table now has freed up entries starting in the 0x40 range. Just make sure that those correspond and it should work out fine! Just gotta use the modules provided instead of the defaults.

@Arch: The value of 08BE2EF8 (09008700) must be changed into new transform table (08BE2D30)

Thanks for double-checking my sometimes-shoddy installations, hahah. Forgot about the spell weapons edit.

Something I’m planning to include in the next release:

• Pre-installed event routines to control the game’s current mode (with macros to toggle between Eliwood/Hector and Normal/Hard).
  • A routine for IFAT/IFAF that checks whether the game is in hard mode or not. You can already check Eli/Hect modes with IFHM (IF Hector Mode).
  • Nightmare Modules (if possible? - I think it is) to toggle the game’s starting mode byte and tactician input.

Any other suggestions? I’ll also include @CT075’s battle music hacks when he revisits them.

Need these written, or do you already have them?

I don’t have the latter.

I wrote the check for hard mode routine. I’m going to put it in my dump of asm stuff.
[Also, don’t forget about this potential issue][1].
[1]: IFAT; IFAF issues

Finally trying this out.
And whoa, @Arch, that Dracomaster’s hand axe animation is messed up.
By messed up here, I mean it freezes if they double.

Edit: So is the selected animation for the Wyvern Knt

BE1000 - BE2000: Modular Battle Calculation routine pointer table
I need another 0x800 somewhere for its other pointer table as well.

Edit: Hey, mind if I grab 0xD15B00 - 0xD16300?

Hey Arch, is there a way you can move the Level Cap Table from BE0C70 to somewhere else so I can use the contiguous space from BE0D00 to BE2100?
Edit: C9D200 should be good as a new location.

http://pastebin.com/yUQ2MZiy

This is what’s where.

Could I have a patch for the most recent version? I need to find 0x1400 consecutive bytes of free space for my modular battle pointer table, and 0x800 consecutive bytes elsewhere as well. (Though it’d be awesome if it was all one big section).
This is quite a large spce, so I want to scout out the areas to make sure I have enough room.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/fireshell%20beta2.ups

(U)(Venom) ROM is the source.