Fire Emblem Simulator: V0.2alpha

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/98610299/ Play here.

In my locality, there is a programming club that teaches a block based coding “language” called Scratch. I’ve been going for two and a half years now, so I know a lot about Scratch, though I often just show off little romhacks these days to the crowd. A few days ago, I decided to start making a FE combat simulator to dust off my skills, and this alpha is my current result. The graphics are based on FE1 to keep load times down and reduce time animating animations. (I know there’s hardly any crit animations, but some twisting of sprites to spin a weapon should hopefully suffice.)
It only has very basic combat so far, but I’m hoping to make it decently advanced, with an item loader (so one could type “iron sword” to equip an iron sword rather then manually inputting the stats in) something I want in the final release. For V0.3, I’m planning doubling and the weapon triangle to be a thing. If you have any ideas or suggestions, you can leave them here. I hope you all enjoy it!

FEATURES: Customisable unit stats (cap at 20, 52 HP)
Customisable weapon stats (you can give a weapon 1000 crit if you like)
1RN combat, with critical hits

WISHLIST/UPCOMING: Weapon triangle
Double attacking
Pre-defined weaponry
Magical attacks
Skills?
Changing the sprite from Marth/pirate

2 Likes

It’s not amazing or anything but it’s definitely neat! Also it’s more original going for the NES combat system instead of GBA, lots of people have done that already. My own bias wishes it was the SNES system but eh, whatevs.