Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

Had a topic over at Serenes and thought it’s about time I post it here.

What is Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings?

Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings is a FE7 ROM hack made by me with the help of a few others. Here is what to expect from the hack:
*custom classes
*new events
*new maps
*new world map events
*custom mugs
*custom weapon icons
*new music
*CGs
*Can customize Tactician character with a choice of melee weapon and affinity

Plot

According to ancinet texts, three divine beings entered a dark realm. With their powers, they created a world that filled the empty chaos. The youngest of the gods created the Raedan, our ancestors. They grew to love the gods and built many temples in their honour. In time, the Raedan fought each other to win the gods’ favour. It led to many wars that have taken the lives of many. This angered the eldest god. He wished to punish them by taking away their free will and burn the world to ash to start anew. Only a sliver of the world remained unscathed by the god’s wrath. The gods then disappeared without a trace. 800 years have passed since they have departed from Yedraes…

The story follows the prince of Ibernor, Andros. He sets off on a journey to offer prayers and be blessed at Tenebris Shrine in order to progress the coronation ritual and officially become the crown prince of Ibernor. He is accompanied by Tobias, his long-time friend and Rai, Lieutenant of the Storm Rider Brigade.

[spoiler= World Map]http://i.imgur.com/FIAn0am.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Screenshots]http://i.imgur.com/063bvys.png[/spoiler]

Download

To be released at a later date…

Any feedback, pointing out any errors, and tips on how to improve the hack is greatly appreciated! :grin:

22 Likes

Welcome to F…
Universe?

2 Likes

It looks quite nice I must say, though I thinks its rather odd that the prince is dressed as a thief.

I made his sprite a while back and no one said anything about it, so I thought it was ok. It’s a good thing I made a post here. I’ll work on fixing up his sprite and make him look more like a prince and less like a thief.

2 Likes

Lookin’ dope

This is probably my most anticipated project. Do you have a list of the new classes we can expect to see?

I fixed up Andros’ sprite. Hopefully he’s more princely now haha.

I don’t have a complete list yet. Need to figure out balancing their stats/growth rates and how they will fit in the hack. Some classes are not completely new though, maybe for gba Fire Emblem I guess. Not going to post all of them, because a. it’s not complete, and b. spoilers ya know?

• Tactician: The MyUnit character. At the start of a new file, the name and affinity you chose will show up when you check the Tactician’s stats. The gender will show up during important scenes in the game.You will be prompted to selecting which weapon you want to use (sword, lance, axe, or bow). The tactician can refresh units using “Rally.”

• Grandmaster: Tactician promotes to this class. Again, you will be prompted to make a choice, this time you’ll choose which type of magic you want to use (Anima, Dark, Light). You will still be able to refresh units and use the weapon you previously chose at the beginning of the game.

• Yamanu: A race that are able to shapeshift for battle (Laguz equivalent) More will be added in the future

• Ulfos (Wolf Laguz/Wolf Skin equivalent) They’ll use beaststones in battle
    • Ludrak (Dragon Laguz/Manakete equivalent) They’ll use dragonstones/firestones in battle
  • War Monk: This one is WIP atm. Not sure whether the monk will promote to this class or the priest. But whichever class promotes to the War Monk class, the other will promote to Bishop.

• Griffon Lord: WIP Use Swords and magic?

• Thieves/Assassins: Will be able to use knives. The knives won’t be part of the weapon triangle. It will combine with the bow to become a new weapon level. So instead of just a bow weapon level, it will now be a projectile weapon level. The knives and bows will have weapon locks so that only thieves and assassins can use knives and not bows.

• Falcoknights: They will no longer be able to use swords, but will be able to use staves instead.

• Wyvern Rider: Switch from using lances to axes.

• Wyvern Lord: Use Axes and lances, switch out swords

• Bandits: Changed stats so that it’s more power based

• Fighter: Changed stats to have more skill and speed

• Pirate: Changed stats to be in the middle between the other axe users

Probably will add female equivalent classes as well (Mercenary, Hero, Cavalier, Paladin, Nomad, Nomadic Trooper)

3 Likes

Very nice! This is looking very interesting.
Nitpick here, but I’d remove the dollar sign from the strap.

1 Like

But he’s Andro$!

anyway, welcome to FEU, Oreo! SoK’s looking good as usual.

2 Likes

Oh shit we’re getting Laguz in this game? Sick.

[quote=“OreoStyx, post:7, topic:1567”]
War Monk: This one is WIP atm. Not sure whether the monk will promote to this class or the priest. But whichever class promotes to the War Monk class, the other will promote to Bishop.
Griffon Lord: WIP Use Swords and magic?[/quote]

War Monk could be interesting. Midnight Sun has one, but it promotes from fighters. Personally I’d go Preist > War Monk and Monk > Bish

Griffons are in the animation directory, sounds interesting. My hack has Dark Flier and Revanant Knights as flying mages.

[quote=“OreoStyx, post:7, topic:1567”]
Thieves/Assassins: Will be able to use knives. The knives won’t be part of the weapon triangle. It will combine with the bow to become a new weapon level. So instead of just a bow weapon level, it will now be a projectile weapon level. The knives and bows will have weapon locks so that only thieves and assassins can use knives and not bows. [/quote]

Do you want to use my Bow-Assassin animation? It’s pretty much complete, all that needs to be done is finish revamping the crit animation and changing the pallete to line up with the default.

Just remember to download the revised palette version, and do keep in mind that you can edit it however you wish; it’s open source.

Another edit to Andros’s mug, removed the $ sign.

I may use it, but I need to balance the classes out and see if it’s too OP for assassins to be able to use bows, knives, and swords.

Duly noted, thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: A bit of an update
Been a while since I last updated. So I’m pretty much finishing up tweaking chapter 2 and heading into chapter 3.

I’m still trying to figure out how to get the sound effects for the mauthe doog to work for my custom animation. I know that in shadowofchaos725’s notes, the command for it is 5A for the growl, 5B for the bark, and 5C for the howl. Putting those in the script didn’t play the sound for some reason. But the original animation works fine. If anyone has an idea on how to get this to work, please let me know.

Knives are working for the most part, just the battle frame darkens a bit before the animation is played. Hurray for no more glitchy lines!

I tried a bit in making battle frames. This is just a mock up of what it would look like when it’s inserted.

Nothing too fancy, just wanted to try inserting this before going all out. Any pointers on making this better is definietly appreciated. =)

First time inserting it and here’s the result.

Oh…Well not exactly what I had in mind. But hey it was my first time attempting it. Proabably should leave that for later.

3 Likes

The sounds probably don’t work because they’re not in fe7. You can use the SXXXX command to play a sound yourself, which means you need rip the sound effect and insert it. This topic should help: Playing custom sounds in battle animations

1 Like

I managed to get it to work!

I forgot to mention that I used shadowofchaos’s mauthe doog animation package to get the original animation to work in FE7. I inserted the sounds using Zahlman’s Song Editor, and changed the priority to 06 using a hex editor. So with shadowofchaos’s animation, the sounds play fine. I also used Agro’s patch to get 12 tracks/sounds beforehand.

I used the music list for FE8 to locate the SXXXX command for the mauthedoog to get it working. Thank you so much for helping me figure this out! Definitely made my weekend.

3 Likes

due to the amazing animations of GBA era fire emblem games, i am far more excited about this tactician then the one from awakening. any idea about a release date? this looks amazing.

1 Like

I’m aiming to release the first patch for FEE3 this year so I’m working on getting everything ready for it. The patch will have five chapters playable (prologue - chapter 4).

4 Likes

awesome. keep up the good work.

Hype.

Oh, and please let me know if there is any game testing I can do. (“Game testing” AKA impatience. must. Play. Now!)