Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

So I finally have my deadline for when my hack needs to be completed, October 14th. So… that’s the release date I guess. In response to this frankly terrifying news, we will be doing TWO Dev Streams this week one on Sunday and one on Monday (Saturday/Sunday to Americans) Where we’ll be doing as much eventing as well can while simultaneously talking as quick as we can about the state of the project.

5 Likes

Terrifying for you maybe, for me it only brings hype

If you need help with balancing, writing, or just need a tester, I can help with those things.

1 Like

With 63 PCs in the hack, are you more likely to rotate your team, or simply stick with your A team.

And in the case of the second. Would you resent the game for implementing a system to encourage swapping (A stat debuff for deploying units in consecutive chapters that clears up if they are required to recruit someone on the coming chapter, being flat out barred from the chapter with the same caveat)

The short thing is, I’m very much worried about the fact that the hack is now… 34ish chapters long with 9 Gaidens. So there is a good chance that, if you just focus on the same army over and over again, that you’ll cap out around Etruria. I’m trying to avoid this, so I’d appreciate suggestions.

Keep in mind this hack is to be released on October 14th.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10079485

4 Likes

why is there so much bloat?

1 Like

While I love the idea of encouraging a rotating team to complete chapters instead of just a set 12-14 for every chapter, I also don’t see why you went from 25 + 5 chapters to 34 + 9… I assume this was explained at an earlier date and I just don’t remember, but I still question that decision.

1 Like

I voted indifferent, because I don’t mind fatigue in concept, but I prefer the Fates EXP nerf as a method to prevent lowmanning. I’m actually for the huge increase in chapters because I love more content.

Also, Dancer, I believe the additional chapters come more from the fact that he merged the route splits instead of just flatout adding shit.

1 Like

Probably because it wasn’t ever 25+5?

The 4 chapters from the Lycia expansion arc, the 3 from expanding Etruria and the Promotion Gaiden (which isn’t a “Real” chapter but I count it as such anyway)

That, and merging the route splits equates to 24 original chapters with 7 Gaidens + 8 new Chapters and 1 gaiden. End result is 32 main chapters, and 8 Gaidens.

EDIT: My math is off, One of the Ilia/Sacae routesplit is 24 total, with both it’s 28 + 7 Gaidens. So the overall total is 36+8. I still have ideas to balance it.

Which… isn’t actually all THAT far from FE7 HHM, which is 23 + 8 Gaidens… and the game counts Lyn Mode which… if we do, takes it to 32 + 9. The main difference being that of course, Lyn Mode has almost exclusively Lv.1 Enemies with no real stats. But it does give me something to think about.

2 Likes

Merging routes adds 4 + 1 chapter, now we’re at 29 + 6, still not 34 + 9

The original game is actually.[quote=“Onmi, post:150, topic:1317”]
The main difference being that of course, Lyn Mode has almost exclusively Lv.1 Enemies with no real stats
[/quote]
Actually, the main difference is that Lyn mode is entirely skippable (assuming you’ve beaten the game once before); her story was added literally as a tutorial, as she has no mention in FE6 while both Hector and Eliwood do. The level 1 enemies is kind of a bonus.

And I find it hard to see how 23 + 8 is close to 36 + 8… There’s a difference of 13 chapters.

And I voted for swapping parties regardless if fatigue is implemented or not. In my opinion, FE5 didn’t handle fatigue properly, but I feel if you used it, it would be a much improved version.

1 Like

So, turns out Fatigue isn’t possible because we don’t have a way to really track who was deployed on a previous map. Oh well. It’s not good, but we’ll think of something. In the meantime let’s have a look, at Anna, the wandering merchant.

There are two houses, one in chapter 1 and one in chapter 2 that both inform you of Anna, the wandering merchant

The simple fact is, having the on-map shops that FE6 had with the unlimited weapon system is… a bad idea. So rather than redo and reinsert the maps without the shops (or just kill the events.) now if you visit a shop and it says “Visit” rather than “Shop” that means a certain red head is waiting for you.

Anna will offer an item that is not readily accessible in the game just yet, such as in Chapter 2, she offers the player a Steel Sword

Of course, there’s the downside. Anna is offering a Steel Sword for 3000 Gold, when the weapon costs 2000. However, the weapon wont appear in Merlinus store until Chapter 15! So now the player has a quandary, do they buy the weapon now for the tactical flexibility and increased mt, or do they skip it?

Of course… you could use that power.

Of course… what if we somehow managed to have less than 3000 gold on chapter 2 when we should have 10,000?

And there is one final important note. Anna will join the base as the Rare Weapons merchant, however she will only do that at the beginning of the Bern arc, OR if you have purchased an amount of items from her. So depending on how much you desire access to Defenders and Reavers and Guardian Lances, you may be balancing your funds to fuel your army.

6 Likes

Devstream going on at www.hitbox.tv/Onmi

Today, we’ll be going through the Chapter 1 and 2 that we evented, and then eventing Chapter 3!

Today we learned I’m an idiot who needs to read what code does what, and we made sure Hector was doable.

1 Like

Is there going to be another stream tonight?

I’m glad Hector was doable

1 Like

No I mentioned multiple times that I’d be taking Mothers Day off.

Also today I finished the escape events, and began scripting the dialog for Chapter 3

1 Like

I thought I’d do a quick update. Chapter 3, bar one or two text events, is completed entirely. Tomorrows stream will cover chapter 4 (if I don’t it tonight) and 5.

4 Likes

Oh… Hi! I decided to sign in here because I want to support your project… Even if is only psycological support.

So… How far are you now with Maiden of Darkness?

2 Likes

If you’re here to give him psychological support then I wouldn’t ask if he’s done yet.
I know you don’t mean to be rude but it’s frustrating when asked.

2 Likes

But he didn’t ask him if he’s done, he asked how far is the progress because it hasn’t been mentioned in a while… The last mention was a month ago regarding chapters 3-5.

1 Like

I’m wrapping up work on Chapter 9. Then it’s straight on to 9x

Credit to Tequila for writing these out for me, as well as Black Mage for touching it up, and FP Zero and Holsety for offering opinions.

5 Likes

That’s true.
Sorry @Troykv I got a bit white knighty there.

1 Like

Guin’s critical in progress.

15 Likes

Sweet

Gives Guin Maltet, has her solo Big Bad Brother

1 Like