Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

But Erk’s a mage Knight

1 Like

…shit…

1 Like

Don’t worry, this means he also gets a pony and spears in addition to tomes and staves.

1 Like

I love your philosophy on conveying information to the player. One of my gripes with Fates, particularly Conquest, was that it conveyed it’s chapter goals in a wall off text that just appears before the chapter begins, which, while I appreciated the varied objectives, could’ve been handled more creatively. It’s nice to see you are making an effort to give the game some extra polish and immersion. I wish you the best of luck and can’t wait for the new year! :smiley:

1 Like

Final assessments and the like have definitely gotten in the way of production, So we’re definitely not getting the demo, I’ll just aim for the final release, I’m sorry for everyone who was hoping for it, but it’s really not in a state to be demo’d there’d be a lot of missing text etc.

8 Likes

We’re all looking for a satisfying and finished product. No worries.

1 Like

Oh, I see. it’s okay. I can wait more.

I just hope the delay isn’t too long.

1 Like

That’s a shame. This hack or whatever it is was constantly hyped by someone on a Fire Emblem Facebook group…

1 Like

… That’s incredibly worrying.

6 Likes

Hello Omni. I would just like to ask if you could perhaps post a full Personal Skill list, if they’re all already set in place? I’m asking because me and friends actually like to theorise what characters will be fun to use, etc. but for example, there’s no info on say Klein or Lugh. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sure. This should be correct

I could be wrong I haven’t updated it in a while.

4 Likes

Awesome! After scrolling through these I have some questions:

1 - Tate’s personal only works when you initiate the battle right?

2 - Douglas’s class is listed as General, I assume this is outdated as IIRC he was changed to a Great Knight right?

3 - Since Lalum is the designated refresher unit, what’s gonna happen to Elphin as a unit? What weapons will he use and can he still refresh other units?

4 - What does the FE7 lord boost apply to (“Units recieve, +1 Damage and -1 Damage Recieved, +5 Crit Evade, +5 Hit for each other FE7 lord deployed”)? Does it apply to your own army? It’s under “Boss Skills” so I’d like to confirm.

5 - Because the showcase didn’t shot it I’d just like to confirm - Erk’s weapon types are Lance and Anima right?

Also this is a bit of a balancing issue but I wanted to point out the two Personal Skills I personally see as “bad”, these being Gonzales’s and Garret’s. I wanted to suggest how I’d balance those out, but bear in mind this is just a suggestion.

First off is Garret’s: -20% avoid only when Garret is the one attacking is really weak and almost never activates. Wouldn’t it be better to change it to Fates style Heartseeker, AKA “Adjacent enemies suffer -20% avoid”? As it is right now his personal only benefits him and even then only on Player Phase.

Second off is Gonzales’s: I can see the pararel to Ignatius’s skill, however in that game it’s way easier to have units adjacent to each other because of Attack/Guard stance mechanics. As it is this skill serves to nerf Gonzales’s damage 80% of the time and therefore it’s a detrimental skill to him. I’d suggest changing it to “When the unit has no adjacent allies, takes +2 damage from enemies. If there is an ally, doesn’t suffer the penalty and deals +2 damage”. It makes more sense than dealing less damage because of his social anxiety and insecurity, therefore receiving more punishment from the enemy attacks.

Sorry that this turned into such a long post, but thanks for reading anyway.

1 Like
  1. Yes it’s Darting Blow
  2. Yes it’s old
  3. Light. Promotes to Axes, No he can’t refresh.
  4. Yes ignore placement
  5. Yes
  6. Gonzo’s skill is more related to Gonzo as a character, he is someone who is alone and finds strength in companionship. It is not hard to find someone to tag next to him, especially given foot-unit movement, regardless the skill is already coded up so there’s no going to change it. Keep in mind this is also a counterbalance to Gonzo’s ridiculous base stats, He’s still strong even alone, but he’s stronger with allies.

And yeah, Garrets skill is meant to benefit him. I mean for 1 it’s not just when he attacks, it’s when he’s attacked as well (it’s only In Combat not when initiating combat) But also, if it were an aura, lets analyze that real quick.

So we stick Garret there and all enemies lose 20 avoid. Then we move Roy in range and all our units gain +15 Hit, Now we move Sophia in the there and add her +25 hit bonus.

So now we’re stacking 40 Hit and -20 Avoid to all enemies around Garret and all allied units in Roy/Sophia’s range. That’s just too much of an aura bonus for the players side. And I’d rather not have the headache. Some units skills aren’t as good as others, Percy’s skill is 7% to his percentages minus crit, it’s not great. But Percy the unit is strong enough that a lackluster skill isn’t that bad.

I mean… with aura’s I foresee Gonzo being much closer to units, yeah, he’s no longer great at being sent to a corner of the map alone to kill half the enemy army, But he’s still a very effective combat unit so I’m fine with that.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for these. I’ve got one more question though:

Looking at Lugh’s, Ray’s and Nino’s personal skills it’s clear that the intention is that Nino’s personal is a combination of the two. However, Nino’s personal reads “Enemy Res is reduced by 1/4 and 1/4 damage is restored in combat.” - therefore suggesting that Nino also restores her HP on enemy phase.

Now we can compare to lugh’s: “After a battle encounter you engage, recover 1/4 damage dealt as HP” - Therefore, the HP recovery only takes place on Player Phase.

Considering consistency and the fact Lugh is already getting shafted hard by the presence of Erk, would it be that unreasonable to make Lugh’s personal also take effect on Enemy Phase to give him a bit of an edge? Early game this skill’s healing is negligible at best and only shines later on in the game, which requires investment into Lugh, so early game balance is not a problem.

1 Like

It is 1/3rd and it is Lugh’s skill and Ray’s skill combined I’m just awful at writing descriptions.

2 Likes

What a great hack rom!!
Can we met Pent, Lousie and the other FF7 character? :smiley:

3 Likes

Prediction: A 3 square aura of +25% Hit, +25% Crit Evade, -25% crit

So… Sophia is basically a universal (for everyone) anti-critical-hit field?

Guts: While level is lower or equal to enemies (Promoted counts as +20), +2 Damage, -4 Damage Recieved

I like this one.

Many of the skills remains me to Fates, it looks really interesting.

1 Like

Not if you support Roy, Lilina and Cecilia for 22% critical. Adding to that give Roy a killing edge for +30 critical adding to Roys Skill divided by two. SInce Roy skill in the original maxes at 25, he gets an extra 12 critical. For 64% critical. Subtracting 25. Your still good at 39% minus the enemy luck which is always low. You got a bit more than 1/3 chance of critical hit.

1 Like

These last days are really quiet. There is any new?

1 Like

Just have patience my dude.

1 Like