Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

Ah, so will you be able to trade the badges around for skill customization? I think having the personal skills and the normal skills look so distinct from each other is an excellent idea. The badges look very nice.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly the idea. It also means the player is introduced to the tactical option of whether or not they wish to bring more weapons, or to keep a skill upon them. Due to weapons having different benefits/flaws from the Fates Weapon System, It’s interesting to see the player juggle skills, items and weapons around.

1 Like

So a few minor updates, not necessarily for in-game stuff as out of game stuff.

• There is a presentation on September 5th which I’m attempting to produce a trailer for, I cannot guarantee one will be made, but if I do, it will be uploaded afterwards.
  • The final Report/Game Demo to be submitted is on October 28th, that puts it 81 days away from this post. I can’t guarantee the game will be finished, but I can pretty sure the demo will be done. For the record my focus has changed to getting the new chapters (17-23) all finished, because it’s all new content.

Keep in mind, while I say the game will be “Released” on October 28th, that’s only the gameplay. The text and extra stuff like supports are probably not going to be in the release.

Now that being said, I’m going to essentially be putting out a help wanted ad.

We’re very close to approaching the release date for Maiden of Darkness, but the main thing worrying me right now, is the lack of graphics. Main Story is an umbrella I can’t really trust others with, same as eventing, I have very clear goals I want to achieve and it’s not something I can ask for help with. Graphics though, it’s the one thing I can’t do myself.

Let us be clear, I cannot pay anyone for aid. I do not make enough money to pay rent each month let alone drop it on something that will in turn produce no money. If you are offering your help, you’re doing it because you want to. Secondly, I am harsh, I will assuredly reject something, or take it and ask someone else to mess with it, or generally just be very critical. It’s not at all the attitude someone not being paid should really have to put up with, and I wouldn’t imply that you should be so submissive as to just accept it because I need the help. I shouldn’t be saying this because it undoubtedly will scare off potential helpers, but I would rather be honest with you up front.

That all said, if you can offer a hand, I would be grateful, if not, I have always found ways to get by. I will continue to do so.

As for the art assets needed-

Boss Portraits:
Chapter 17 Boss Portrait
Chapter 19 Boss Portrait
Chapter 20 Boss Portrait
Chapter 21 Boss Portrait
Chapter 22 Boss Portrait
Chapter 23 Boss Portrait
Hartmut Portrait
Hanon Portrait
Elimine Portrait
Barrigan Portrait

NPC Portraits (Appear on maps):
Marquiss Laudine - Marquis of Kathelet, Female Hero
Matthew - Spymaster of Ostia

Cameo Portraits (Appear in Cutscenes):
Pent
Louise
Serra

Animations (Vital):
Guinevere Promoted (Vilkacis)
Elphin Promoted (—)
Female Fighter (Hoshi)

Animations (nonessential):
Jahn Custom Manakete
Noah Custom Mercenary (Being worked on)
Lilina Custom Mage Lord (Being worked on)

1 Like

I can probably help you with some boss portraits. PM me their classes and I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Whoever makes this should use her appearance in the Mario Kart disc as a reference. Just saiyan.

I have an armoured merc anim in the works if you want to use it. It’s differently animated than the vanilla merc, though, so not sure how useful it would be to a project using both.

1 Like

Weekly update.

We completed templated preparation Chapters 21 and 22. In detail a chapter prepared in this way has reinforcements, enemy units, items etc. set up, yet lacks the plot details of cutscenes and text. It functions as a playable chapter, but isn’t in a stage to be considered complete.

With this the only new chapters left to be completed are Chapter 18, 20x, 23, 23x, 28x and FINAL.

Thanks to Circles and Can of Worms, we now have spell animations all fixed up.

As pictured we can assign animations based on melee and ranged. This allows us to make two versions of a custom spell, one that is aligned for melee and one for ranged. This solves the inherent problem of the CSA, that being that a custom spell can only be aligned to a single offset.

Also thanks to Circles we have three new map palettes, one for the Snow Castle and Isle Castle, rounding off those maps, and one for Chapter 22. The palettes help bring a nicer look to the game, and I’m very thankful for his help.

Can of Worms has offered some of his own portraits to replace the Generic portraits we needed done. We’re very thankful, and hope these will allow our artists to focus their work on the other portraits needed.

All of the Chapter Data has been re-ordered, the base has been inserted. It’s not populated yet, but the concept of going from Chapter->Base->Chapter has been implemented, due to our new table for inserting events

All of the new chapter names have now been inserted into the Rom and are functioning.

We are progressing, perhaps not at the pace I’d personally prefer. But things can only go so fast with so many moving parts that also have their own lives.

8 Likes

Oh! I don’t know about the spell thing… I don’t know that was even possible XDU

1 Like

Wow, as i see the updates i get more and more hype, This has so much work on it, it is a high level hack, also, i think the halberdier with no helmet looks better. So well id like to help you, but im not good at graphics, or not as godd as id like to be, and im working on my own project. But cheer up, i know you will get an awesome game.

1 Like

So we’ve inserted all the recoloured portraits (though for the record those recolours are focused on being closer to the official art rather than a specific FE7/8 colour.) And we’ve been implementing More Skills

Wolt, Sue, Shin, Dayan, Lugh, Lalum, Sigune, Jodel and Niime are the only units with Skills left to make.

6 Likes

Nice, is that gray on his shoulder like…uumm the metal is worn out? At the beggining looks like a pallete mixed, but if i look closer looks like the “paint” of the armor got bashed in one of the many fights this veteran had. YEP looks cool.

1 Like

I like the idea, Marcus looks so badass with his damaged armor.

Wait… Sigune has her own skill?

1 Like

Yes, Reinforcement, it’s Tanith’s skill. Summoning 3 Allied Pegasi.

3 Likes

Small update for MoD.

We’ve inserted all the new portraits, the enemy classes for Chapter 20x, the Great Knight for Douglas (nicely shown off by Marcus here, along with his almost functioning skill), most of the skills, a lot of the new weapon icons. And we’re moving through populating chapter 23. With 23 done the only chapters remaining that feature a new map and majorly edited events will be Chapter 28x (the old 20Ax. Because it was awful) and FINAL. Also check out Hanon’s portrait, mainly done by Adam, a complete newbie, and touched up by Can. Hopefully we’ll get everything done in time, we have two months left to crunch. But a lot of time has been devoted to moving things behind the scenes, a lot of things that are pretty invisible, but sort of important for the whole game to work.

4 Likes

Is Al from the manga in your game? cause if that weapon icon is what i think, its the OP combo of Zephiel in the manga…And if you have an animation for that. Men, this hack is so awesome.

And that Hannon, you sure it was made by a Newbie??? Looks cool.

1 Like

Al is not in this game, there is nothing about Hasha in this game. We do not have an animation for the King class using both swords.

Hanon was done up by a newbie, but it was finished and touched up by a pro.

2 Likes

Those crossbows are going to all get burned. I hate crossbows so much. Why did you do this to me? Please at least nerf them from RD, they were really dumb and I hated them. Wow I hate crossbows so much.

1 Like

Holy what; 19(potentially 23) defense for level 1 Marcus? That seems… excessive.

Any descriptions coming on those weapon icons?

1 Like

Oh, I should mention that Marcus is not a Great Knight, I was just using him to test the class.

As for the weapon Icons I have an image file with names. I’ll go over them with more detail when I have the time.

6 Likes

That a lot of weapons!.. I love it :heart:

All of them will be used?

1 Like

Well not quite since there’s plenty of leftovers from Vanilla FE6. But almost all of them yes. I don’t tend to get work done I don’t intend to use.

3 Likes