Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

Pretty sure all rom hacks are playable fanfiction, so if that turns someone off from this one in particular, but not say Elibean Nights or Last Promise, they are just hypocrites anyway.

6 Likes

I’d argue that romhacks take a bit more effort than a fafic, since there’s more involved than just writing.

2 Likes

Uh… Not even close. EN is a entirely fan-made concept based on Elibe, while TLP isn’t even related to anything and entirely made up. This would be more or less changing an existing story to fit someone’s own idea of what should have happened, which is entirely understandable for why it would turn them off.

But this isn’t really on topic.

@Onmi makes sense overall, I was expecting something more true to the actual fe6, but this is fine as well.

2 Likes

So, here’s a minor update for folks, we’ve been messing with FE6’s save routine and… turns out that was more complex than we thought. Nothing to worry about, it’s just taking a bit longer to fix than we thought. We’ve inserted almost all of the new items minus their icons, and most of the boring data entry stuff is complete.

So From there it’s ASM and maps. And offering a blood sacrifice to summon our animator from the depths of hell.

2 Likes

Question: on the now defunct Serenes Forest thread, it mentions some FE7 characters such as Lyn and Eliwood will be playable, is this still the case, or are they purely NPCs still?

2 Likes

Yes. That is still the case.

2 Likes

I swear I’ve seen this worked on on /feg/. Would that have been you by any chance? Anyway, this looks amazing. FE6 is my second favorite game in the series and it getting love is great. Good luck! Really looking forward to this now.

2 Likes

Yes, I typically post in-progress updates on /feg/ under the same name. But since we were so close to the Demo’s release date, I decided to post a thread here.

3 Likes

Alright just making sure. Again really excited. Good luck!

Also quick question about the base; what’s the explanation for it in game? Is it a My Castle deal where it’s a little pocket dimension? If it’s like the base in 9/10 wouldn’t it make more sense for it to look like a camp rather than a hall? And why would Merlinus sell items if he’s part of the army? I mean, not to diss on the hard work you put in, but it’s rather odd to me. Still very excited for it though.

Edit: did someone just edit my comment? Kinda new here so I’m not sure if that’s normal

1 Like

The explanation is “A conveniently located castle before each chapter” because, frankly, the other option is making a bunch of maps that respond to the different climates of the game and we want the game out already, so we’ll cut back on going super detailed for a credibility stretching premise.

1 Like

Well, most maps in FE3 Book 1 start with Marth’s army leaving a nearby fort tile. You could just do the same here.

1 Like

I’m happy to announced that paired endings as ASM has been completed for the hack. While the Demo will most likely not contain the endings themselves, they’re ready for implementation. A Nightmare Module is being made and will be included with the final release, and you can create a Paired ending for as many support pairings as there are.

All units endings are displayed in full after the credits, but paired endings are not shown together, instead a unit will be shown in full and their ending text will be altered if they are in a pairing (like Roy’s wives would be, or how it works in Radiant Dawn) This works both ways however.

NOTE: Obviously this was us testing with pre-existing ending texts.

As always, this stuff is freely moddable by you when the hack is released, so if your favorite pairing doesn’t have an ending or I didn’t pander to your particular insanity pairings, feel free to edit it as you see fit. I freely open the hack as a canvas for others to express themselves. Also, the ASM for his ending table will be released separately, in case anyone else wanting to hack FE6 decides they want this. While that number may not be many, perhaps the knowledge that there is asm like this out there will entice them.

3 Likes

Freely editable endings huh, ElphinxGunievere and LilinaxMarcus confirmed

Speaking of ASM tho, will the bit that lets you pick Roy’s mom be in the demo, or is that saved for the final release?

1 Like

If we get around to setting it up, the former,if not, then the latter.

1 Like

Sounds ballin. I just need muh Fir/Noah and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

so I figured people might like to see the new Nightmare module for the paired endings table

the Support 1 etc. matches up with the Support Editor, so if Roy’s first support is Lilina, that will be the paired ending listed, then all you need to do is write in the text entry for their paired ending. This works RD Style, as I said, so the units are still displayed separately, but their ending text changes depending on if they supported or not.

This editor will be included with the final release of the game, as well as the separate ASM for inserting this hack into your own Romhack of FE6. If you so choose to work with the base game. We are almost at the Demo’s release, and everything is becoming much more hectic. But I am determined to have this demo out by New Years Eve.

2 Likes

Hype

I’m seriously going to give Marcus and Lilina a paired ending, don’t judge

1 Like

Out of curiosity, does this mean Roy/Guiverne is finally possible?

1 Like

Yes it is

2 Likes

Is Lilina getting a completely new class? Or is she getting something that already exists? Like Mage Knight ir something.

1 Like