Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

Lucius dying is canon? I didn’t know :open_mouth:

1 Like

It isn’t; it’s just canon in Onmi’s project

2 Likes

So, I watched the Chapter 3 video again, and I thought of a few questions while I did.

How did you decide which characters to add to the playable roster? Support partners?

How much rewriting can we expect for preexisting supports?

I believe you mentioned Lugh is getting a PRF tome in part so that Erk doesn’t become overpowered early on. This is still the case?

Assuming you’re still using that mug, is Marcus’ worn armor supposed to be based on his armor from FE7?

I like how the dialogue isn’t just Roy, Guinevere, and/or Merlinus 95% of the time like it is in vanilla FE6. Yes, I know this isn’t actually a question.

1 Like

It’s not expressly canon. He ends FE7 becoming the Father of an Orphanage on the Bern/Lycia border, and Lugh and company are orphans from an Orphanage on the Bern/Lycia border, and it was a logical leap to make.

So, I watched the Chapter 3 video again, and I thought of a few questions while I did.

How did you decide which characters to add to the playable roster? Support partners?

How much rewriting can we expect for preexisting supports?

I believe you mentioned Lugh is getting a PRF tome in part so that Erk doesn’t become overpowered early on. This is still the case?

Assuming you’re still using that mug, is Marcus’ worn armor supposed to be based on his armor from FE7?

I like how the dialogue isn’t just Roy, Guinevere, and/or Merlinus 95% of the time like it is in vanilla FE6. Yes, I know this isn’t actually a question.

In short selection went “Okay I want to make Guinivere playable since she’s basically the third lord anyway, Galle playable, because he was always intended to be, It’d be nice to bring in Eliwood and Hector since they were in Trial mode.” And basically stopped there. I didn’t want Hector to always be recruited, hence making him a secret, Erik just came from “I think I can do something neat with this” as did Nino and Sigune. Erk, despite what people might think, was just me rounding out classes (There’s only two mounted mages in the game, Erk brings it to 3, in line with every other class more or less), and Lyn… eh, we got Eliwood and Hector and I think I can do something interesting. So far, I think I have.

You can expect re-writing if the Support doesn’t make sense (Since now all supports take place in the HQ, not on the battlefield) or if the support was particularly bland or boring.

Lugh getting a Prf is still the case, but I think we’ve changed Erk himself from simply starting with a lance to a few ideas, after all, someone once brought up that it was “foolish” that a mage had gone the entire way without magic, so it just made sense to patch up that logic hole.

Marcus mug is based on his FE6 official art, I rarely look to FE7 for things to do in FE6. Making the armor worn down was just a way of adding character to him.

And thank you, we work hard to ensure the dialog is spiced up enough while conveying the meaning. It is a little hard to look at Chapter 3 some times, there are moments where I get too melodramatic/wordy, but those are easy things to edit down.

12 Likes

Lilina with axe vs Echidna? I’m abso-fucking-lutely love it.

2 Likes

Hey, Onmi. Even though the day has come and gone for you by now, it’s still Father’s Day here. Considering what’s happened to you recently, I figured the day might have been a bit difficult for you. So, I’m just writing to say that I hope you’re doing all right.

7 Likes

Hey Omni, have you checked out Fire Emblem Heroes at all? Brave Lyn as a mounted bow unit seems very much in line for her as a nomad. Are you doing something similar for her?

1 Like

Yes I have no she won’t

1 Like

Not sure this post will make people change their mind about asking questions so specific.
I just wanted to say that I think it is better to let MoD’s team surprise us when we will first play their hack?
I mean asking the content or not of the game will just spoil you about it. That’s not really fun.

Anyway Omni, good luck to you and your team, I’m sure this will be very cool!

4 Likes

You’re god damn right

1 Like

Thank you, but I actually don’t mind answering questions so long as they are things I can answer

1 Like

In that case, iirc fe6 didn’t have “use item (especially stats booster) in preparation screen” please add it if you can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can’t, that’s why we added the HQ

1 Like

Roger that. Good luck have fun.

1 Like

Looking at the Chapter 3 video from a while ago and with some mug/portrait updates being mentioned, will any of the battle sprite palettes be updated to reflect the updated portraits? Such as Marcus’ color to match his updated armor color or Lugh’s blue clothes in his battle palette changed to green, etc.

1 Like

Yes, naturally. It would be rather poor of us to not do so.

9 Likes

Well looking good i can’t wait to play this hack.I wonder who will recruit Erik then in chapter 4? Since i know he is supposed to be a playable unit.

1 Like

Well no one will recruit Erik in chapter 4

1 Like

Oh i see.Can’t wait to play that Hack because chapter 3 looked really good.

1 Like

Quick question regarding base convos, since I actually just started playing PoR for the first time. Are they going to be how they are in that game, mostly being the Lord(s) talking to other characters? Or will there be more of other characters interacting with each other without one of the Lords being involved?

Also gotta say that Alan sprite looks great. Is that how cavs in general are gonna look or are a lot of people getting fully customized battle sprites?

1 Like