Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

I don’t know if it’s relevant but. Maybe ninian’s mapsprite would be better? (And it’s not like it’s really hard to do anyway)

1 Like

Don’t read much into something I threw together in about 5 seconds just to show off. do you think I’d do everything I’ve done for polish and then leave Ninian with Larum’s sprite?

11 Likes

It is going well, yes, I see.

MOAR!!!

2 Likes

Did someone say Lyn Bride Variant?

(By Monkeybard, added to the repo with his permission)

10 Likes

Hoo nelly, I take a couple months hiatus from feuniverse to come back and see all this amazing progress being made! You’re on a roll, Omni! Keep up the momentum!! For Elibe!!!

1 Like

This weeks Roundup

• Completed Douglas’s skill, Obstruct.
  • Disabled R and L buttons when using Danger Zone.
  • Guard AI units have 0 mov.
  • Cursor defaults to first deployed unit.
  • Added CHANGE_CONDITION event to allow INVIS/REVEAL, among other things.
  • Added code to display new portraits when promoted.
  • Completed Sue’s skill, Slipstream.
  • Added a waifu getter inheritance skill getter.
  • Player units aren’t cloned when loaded in the base.
  • Completed the basic events of Chapter 0.
  • Edited more item desc’s up to the Berserker Axe.
  • Settled on new drawbacks for the Bold Lance, Bold Axe and Bold Sword, They inflict Lunatic Reverse on the user, meaning even when initiating an attack, they’ll go second.
  • Filled out more units support lists.
  • Started overhaul of the entire support
22 Likes

“Inflicts Lunatic Reverse on the user” has to be the most horrifying description of any item in any FE game ever.

18 Likes

What in the name of Kaga is that?

1 Like

Uh you always attack second It’s reverse-vantage

7 Likes

I mean that “thing” above my post but thanks anyways

2 Likes

This is just amazing you dastard…love it.

lol Getter Tomahawk going to play SRW

1 Like

This weeks Roundup

• Listed support partners up to Astolfo
  • Revised Galle’s backstory to be further in line with canon

Not a large week, mostly just clean up stuff and there was a lot of focus on Uni assignments, had to make a one-chapter SRPG Studio game for a class, hard to balance hacking with that.

16 Likes

24 Likes

Halloween is over. Get that spooky shit out of here.

2 Likes

This weeks Roundup

• Revision to the Support System.
  • Updated the animation of a few classes to be closer to FE6 characters.

Sorry, it’s not a tonne of work, but sometimes that happens. But let’s actually talk about the revision to the Support System.

As has been previously discussed, the player cannot trigger supports in battle, they can only trigger them in the Base. There are no points to unlock them, we considered it, but we also respect that you, as players, are likely only going to play MoD… once. And we want to be understanding of that. You’ll naturally acquire all the supports just from playing the game. We also feel that this way Fatigue doesn’t screw you due to not being able to deploy units and develop those supports.

Supports are unlimited, with a single exception. Each character can only have one S or A+ support, these are your Ending Ranks. S rank is a romantic ending, while A+ is a platonic ending. We’re working out a way for the player to be able to see who each character can get an ending with without having to give you an outside source like a readme.

Now you’re probably thinking about Support bonuses, after all, Some units, like Roy, have 10 supports. Stacking all those bonuses together would be nuts, especially when you can slap on skill auras and create a moving ball of death. So what gives, what are the new limits?

1. C-A supports only provide benefits for being adjacent to the supporting unit. At most, you can have 4 units providing their bonuses to another unit. An S/A+ support has the typical range of 3, but otherwise, provides the same bonuses the A support did.
  2. There are bonus caps. The caps are 5 Attack and Defense, and 25 for Crit, Crit Evade, Avoid and Hit. This is actually the cap to what you could do in Vanilla. For example Roy with an A support with Lilina in Vanilla and a B support with Cecilia, would have 5 Attack. But you must be thinking you probably don’t need that many supports, after all. In Vanilla, Roy provides his fire bonus to himself for each support partner, leading to…
  3. Each unit only applies their affinity to themselves once. So let’s use the previous example in Vanilla, in MoD. First, Roy needs to be adjacent to Lilina and Cecilia, secondly, Roy will gain his 1.5 Attack bonus for being next to Lilina, and he’ll gain her 1.5 Attack bonus from her Light affinity. Making his Attack bonus 3. Cecilia will also, via her Anima support, give Roy 1 Attack, but Roy will not also give himself 1 Attack from his own Fire Affinity, leaving the total bonus as 4 rather than 5.
22 Likes

This weeks Roundup

• Fixed up skill descriptions to be more uniform and fit better in the text boxes.
  • Reworked the script for more standard text-box sized.
  • Inserted Evaine’s palette and fixed her portrait so she isn’t perpetually smiling while screaming.
  • Ported over the Save Data hack from the old UPS system to Buildfiles, then expanded it to save more Event IDs.
  • Added the new map palette for Lycia and the Cathedral.

And some screenshots of this

The Old Cathedral

The New Cathedral

Evaine no longer psychotically smiling while afraid of an archer.

And here she is in her new Palette

And here’s an example of the format change to skill descriptions Our original format (due to the larger font) was very cut down descriptions and being as too the point as we could, we also devoted an entire line to the skill name

Now, with more character space, choosing to use the first line, we settled on (character) (effect) (condition)

An example of the Lycian Palette shift, from this

To this

22 Likes

Poor Marcus, they can’t even afford to buy him new armor.

3 Likes

This was something I believe I brought up with Arch for EN as well but using vanilla FE8 tilesets can make the location feel too Magvellian geographically. I associate Elibe with a different shade of green typically, although I am by no means asking for the same desaturated palette of old, certainly the richer colours are much appreciated, but striking a balance between the two I feel would be ideal.

2 Likes

7 Likes

well i mean, ya wanna keep that shit well maintained anyways though.

2 Likes