Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

1 Like

get hyped (apparently)

Navarre’s so edgy. Whatta cool guy.

“I ain’t seen these two
mugs around here before…”

THAT’S BECAUSE THEY’RE NEW AND CUSTOM! Yeah, you like them, pirate!?

5 Likes

ba dum tish

As for the weapon cavs, how many characters are staying cavaliers? I never played FE1 or FE11, but I heard that there were way too many units of the Cavalier line.

~Arch’s note: Moved this question from another topic since it’s more specific to this hack.

Basically, here’s how it breaks down:

Jagen - Paladin
Cain - Chevalier (Sword)
Abel - Vanguard (Lance)

You get three to start with right off the bat (as is traditionally done ever since).

Hardin - Cavalier (Sword/Lance) - psuedo-Lord promotes to Master Knight
Wolf - Ranger (Bow/Sword)

Then you get to choose one of his guards to join the party.

Edwyn - Mage Knight
Rasha - Cohort (Axe) - Replacing Roshea’s role, a Cavalier
Vyland - Soldier - Reclassed from Cavalier

If we’re counting Troubadours, I added one of those too.

Maria - Troubadour - Reclassed from Cleric

There’s two Archanean mounted units.

Midia - Valkyrja (Axe/Staff) - Reclassed from Paladin
Horace - Cataphract (Sword/Axe) - Reclassed from General

And one final cav back in Altea (Marth’s homeland), you get one of the two based on whether you completed a series of events leading up to the jointime.

Arran - Paladin
Frey - Vanguard

That’s nine/ten mounted units, based on player choice elements. Originally FE1 threw you: 8 Cavs/Paladins, 2 Rangers. The difference is in the diversification of the units. FE6 is the series’ high-water mark with 12 mounted units, FE9 is the low-mark with only 6. True, I didn’t really cut down on “cav bloat” but rather tackled “cav redundancies.” Hopefully the number of mounted units isn’t terribly overbearing: 10/52.

1 Like

Actually, not counting reclassing and DLC, wouldn’t FE13 be the low-water mark (Sully, Stahl, Frederick; plus Maribelle and Walhart?) Or does Awakening simply not exist for you? #fanondiscontinuity

Yeah, it’s not so much the amount of cavaliers that are a problem as it is the differences (or lack of thereof) between them sometimes. I mean, who remembers Noah and Treck (FE6, not FE1)? (Confession: I actually used Treck for a while. I knew how mediocre he was and whatnot, and I still eventually benched him.)

Do you plan to include the Shadow Dragon gaiden chapters (with sane requirements, obviously)? The Shadow Dragon prologue? It’d be nice for players to actually play the gaidens for once, because who wants to intentionally kill off most of their units? But I never played Shadow Dragon, so I don’t know if they could be intergrated into the rest of the game minus the stupid requirements. You did say you were basing the game more off FE3 book 1 than FE11, right?

Are you still going to finish Fire Shell before working on EF? Isn’t EN technically not completely finished yet?

I thought you didn’t have internet access…

EN (almost there) -> FireShell -> EL

Not planning on including the Shadow Dragon prologue; I think I’ve kept three of the gaidens. There’s a nifty patch that removes the kill requirements, though. The game is based on FE3 Book 1, correct.

Awakening never happened. Neither did Shadow Dragon as far as I’m concerned, but I’ll still borrow some gaidens and their characters.

1 Like

At this point you should make a steampunk sequel to FE3 that takes place 2000 years in the future and completely contradicts the existence of Awakening, complete with this line:
“I once had a bad dream about a dark dragon and a robed figure sacrificing itself to destroy it, only the figure had a child from the future at its side and the figure was also somehow the figure. I’m glad that never actually happened.”

a gumbo space cowboy westren steam punk fashion fire emblem like game, upvote for indie game of the year.

3 Likes

Hi, hope I’m not necroing but where is the lasted download link, the on in the comments doesn’t have character mugs for jagen raven and the units you can choose from at end of chapter 1.Its prologue doesn’t work either and skips to chapter one and the weapon icons are mostly wrong for e.g caedas spear is an axe and abels hasta is an iron sword. Hope it’s not too much trouble asking for the new link

There is no new link to my knowledge, the only release is a very incomplete alpha.

According to the serenes forest page it’s complete ??

…what?

Where? I don’t see any mention of completion in the topic anywhere, the last page shows updates of chapter one with the pirate mayor and w/e, then the topic was locked due to a necro. He finished… 3 or so chapters with WIPs sitting around, and then went back to finish EN and hasn’t touched it since to my knowledge.

1 Like

Yeah, this is still on hiatus. This’ll be up and running again once @Arch is done with EN and Blazing Shell, or so he’s told me.

http://puu.sh/ki1Sd/b5467debb5.png

How did that happen while I wasn’t looking? lol.

And can we just take a second to marvel the fact that Discourse has a built-in download counter?

Yeah, that was pretty stupid getting my topic locked over some random newcomer’s question.

Maybe I’ll just never ask them to unlock it. Doesn’t really look like I need it; as Donald Trump would say, “my ratings are huuuuuuuuge.”

All things considered, that demo is pretty old and quite incomplete. After the EN final release, I plan to start focusing on this project again. The next demo for Exalted Legacy will contain the first 10 chapters, and my goal is to have that demo available sometime within the first 4 months of 2016.

There might be a short surprise for FEE3 in the works also.

2 Likes

ill unlock that shit

lol

1 Like

Have a teaser of the teaser. Check out these awesome NPCs that get the honor of dying during the prologue. spoilers? Cornelius and Miloah were done by @Mew.

Gharnef was done by @luminescentblade.

3 Likes

Ah good old Cornelius, starting the long running FE curse.

We all know the one, where if your a relative of a FE lord who also serves as a role model, your ass is grass within the first 10 chapters if your fortunate enough to live thru the first.

2 Likes