Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Spamming my own topic on my own forum, but here’s some stuff. Hopefully the Knight situation makes sense now (they’ve been split into Sentry/Knight which are Lance/Bow and Sword/Axe, which promote to Generals that can use all physical weapon types). The original FE1 Knights used Swords and Lances, so I wanted to #ThrowbackThursday that shit and split them up to make use of Dei’s armor knight animations.

1 Like

Draug looks fabulous.

Went ahead and typed up a “what I need” in terms of graphics list according to the release phases I mentioned earlier. Because I’m devoid of spritan talents.

This is what I have.

1 Like

I’m interested in what you’ll do with Heimler’s character since you’ve literally got a blank slate.

I should get into the habit of posting here… :B

On the compilation sheet, my mug has Square Root of Pi’s color on(behind?) it.

(I love the post preview thing to the right, this forum thing is really different and cool)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19964863/FE1alphaalphaalpha.ups

I’m just gonna drop this here not post about Serenes and see who notices :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i love you forever

Quick correction to that patch: Marth shouldn’t be Level 20 in Ch1.

1 Like

i love you foreverer now

<3 Awesome!

downloads

i love how there’s an old lady who’s like “shall we give chase?” also shouldnt it be macedion to which the soldiers in chapter 1 belong to? i mean there captain is a wyvren rider and there distinctly macedion.

Told you this in the chat you posted this in, but on the screen where you select one of 4 you can get to your other team members by scrolling through the unit summarys. Makes the cursor derp out if you exit on someone who isn’t on the map.

Updated the patch actually to make Marth actually Level 1 this time, and gave Gordin a boost to his bases.

1 Like

The steel hasta weapon description does really wired things to the graphics if you leave the weapon description box open. (the longer it sits open, the worse it gets)

This just in: this hack is pretty cool so far.

(Also, are you still looking for a ‘soft weapon lock’ ASM? I’ve been working on such a thing and I could finish one for this hack if you’d like)

Hm. On the ‘pick a unit’ chapter, a Grustian Fleet spawned in at the lower-left edge on the second player phase. I’d killed Pierre just after the first ship - the southeast one - spawned, but before any others had.

The Sentry in Chapter 2 near the north village has an Iron Axe he can’t use - he should be a Knight or have a lance, I figure. And in the house in the northwest, just to the east of Gomer, there’s just Cain saying ‘Command me to attack!’ Same with the other houses, and Darros’s battle quote with Gomer - they all use Sain’s tutorial lines. Or is that just a placeholder?

Hahah. Great glitch with the fleet. I’ll have to look into that one.

and also here’s some copypasta from Serenes

RE: Gender balance & cast changes

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Next to him is Rasha, the replacement for Roshea. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to (it’s all the rage in Archanea - just like Iran).

Regine is a prepromoted Rogue female variant of Rickard.

Original characters have largely been for the purpose of class diversity and gender balance (all 6 are female), and many are tied up with the limited unit selection mechanic. The game is being developed with that in mind, in order to cut down on the sheer number of playable units while improving unit diversity. There will only be 50 playable characters per playthrough.

Having given it more thought and a recount, I think I’m going to re-cut Bord and Cord. Dice (who was going to be a Berserker) will now be the game’s Brawler unit (GBAFE Fighter, whereas the Fighter class is FE10-style). Ymir will go Berserker (he was a Warrior originally).

And even with the changes I’ve already made, it’s still only a 37% female cast. With that in mind, I’ve decided to more liberally offer sex changes to characters who were cut in FE3 (Roger, Beck, Darros). Say hello to Rosaria, Beitrice, and Darcy.

Ran some numbers calculating the percentages and everything: these changes bring me up to ~42% of the cast being female. For reference, the original FE1 had a cast that was 21% female (so it’s basically been doubled), and Shadow Dragon barely moved the needle to 23% (because that’s what happens when you add a bunch of dudes to a cast with a bunch of dudes).

#SocialJustice: The Hack

RE: PRF weapons

Gaggle Bow (2MT negates def) for Gordin.
Broadsword (armorslayer) for Ogma.
Wing Spear (reaver) for Caeda.
Excalibur for Merric/Wendell.
Aura for Linde.
Liuye Dao (6MT Brave +15crit) for Navarre.
Ranseur (dragonslayer) for Frey.
Something for Minerva.
Viking Axe for Dice.
Something sick for Maris.
Grimoire for Etzel.

PRFs get 45 uses.

Basically what I’d do with a weapon locks array.

1 Like

I’ve been considering introducing sporadic Interlude chapters (so like between Ch8 and Ch9, there’s an interlude where you get to have units talk and restock on a boat, for example), and having talk events in regular chapters kickstart chains of events that will unlock a bunch of these PRFs. Low deployment slots in the interludes will force you to choose which ones to pursue (the chains will be one in-chapter and two interludes to get the item, and there will be three/maybe four interlude chapters so you can get most of them certainly).

Something like this as a sample.

1 Like

Awesome. Going to give this a shot now!

So who the hell is Dice anyway? I’m from PAL region so the name might be different or something.

I also don’t see why the female cast should be so high - while I’m all for equity and stuff, I’m just worried that gender changes will go somewhat wrong. Then again, I guess I’ll trust you with that, since creative liberties have never resulted in anything bad so far. http://puu.sh/1rd0t.png

Erm, why did you change the hack’s name anyway? I thought the Legend of Marth was pretty cool and more descriptive.

As for Malledus, I’d prefer if the transport was tied into Marth. It’s just so much more hassle-free and works well.

Dice and Malice are from Mystery of the Emblem and Broadcast System FE. Neither of them appear in the original FE1 or Shadow Dragon.

Thank you!
downloads