New Trailer! Bloodlines 3.32 PUBLIC PATCH is RELEASED! Check the first post

BLOODLINES 3.32

Base game: FE7U
Recommended Emulator: VBA (This was not tested on m-GBA or VBA-M, so you will most likely experience unintended bugs due to m-GBAs accuracy. This is your warning)
Contains 19 Chapters (It is not complete)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nzAmkU7wV-iToNOwqnOD9zKfMMjlNN0v?usp=sharing

Contained in this ZIP is a Readme and the .ups patch of Bloodlines 3.0!
We’re back. Its been like 5 years and this project started like like 2015. Crazy how that works. I’ll post some Readme stuff here in case you’re lazy:

Summary

-Notes/Bugs-

Because its the first version of 3.0, stress testing Bloodlines/looking for glitches will likely yield unexpected results. This may cause cutscenes to crash entirely.

There is also a lot of ASM/mega wizardry here, as well as experimental AI that may or may not work properly in the odd circumstance - If anything looks/feels really strange or may literally crash, its probably because it wasn’t an expected behavior from AI.

I will of course aim to fix any chapter ruining/game breaking bugs ASAP. Again, its 3.0, not 3.5.

Finishing the last chapter will bring you to the “End of Patch” Chapter

If you try to skip a riddle cutscene, the game may hang. You’ll need to hit restart to get out of it.

hitting B to skip cutscenes might merge a bunch of cutscenes together at times, so if you press B, just expect that it could happen.

Further, I plan to upload a .txt of the music used. I just didn’t have time to do that tonight.

I plan on working on the opening post, and I do intend on inserting a custom world map to help with context of the world. So, for now, you can have this old world map CG to help get a reference of where places are in the world

fullconcept2

Additionally, I’ve created a public Bloodlines Discord. Here is where you can talk about the hacks features and whatnot in depth. All are welcome, just don’t be a stinky head.

It’s been so long… thank you everyone for your kindness and patience. A lot has changed with the project and I’ll be around to make sure game-breaking bugs get resolved. Its still only the .0 of 3.0, after all.

Not much else to say, please enjoy and have a good night!

69 Likes

Spiff-tastic.

(I actually thought you already had a topic here for some reason.)

3 Likes

Looks great! Can’t wait for this year’s FEE3.

2 Likes

thanks ya’ll!

2 Likes

patch release on the 5th of Sept, including prologue- Chapter 4!

3 Likes

Oh, I can’t wait. This hack looks amazing. (To be honest, out of the ones I’ve seen this is the one I’m anticipating the patch for the most, but don’t tell anyone else I said that wink wink)

2 Likes

thank you! It’s not super technical though, so don’t expect anything groundbreaking in terms of that haha. There’s like one asm hack and it’s @CT075’s weapon status hack.

2 Likes

You had me sold at flying bowmen.

Pegasus Knights = God
Archers = Amazing

Flying Archers …? = So much awesome the heavens cannot contain it.

2 Likes

Hah! I thought the same thing

2 Likes

so like where’s that patch doe

2 Likes

like here doe

5 Likes

aaaaaaaaaaaaye that’s what i’m talkin’ 'bout

2 Likes

FYI Malcolm’ upper right corner thing has to do with the data in the 2nd pointer in the moving unit data table. but I don’t know how to fix it.

2 Likes

The Great Knight, Wyvern Knight and Berserker have the same problems, as I recall (though only on the status screen it seems for the former), but I don’t know if pasting their ‘other data’ in would fix @ghast’s problem…hmmm…

2 Likes

Malcolm can talk to Nilou before they’re recruited and such. It causes weird conversations and wastes a turn that I thought I would get from recruiting them.

Edit: This happens in a lot of chapters…

2 Likes

ah i see, ill make some conditions where they can only talk to each other if bram did first.

edit- just doing this now. did you find anything else, crazycolors? i know tyren’s and nobia’s talk event is a bit janky

2 Likes

I didn’t really do any in-depth testing… So not really. Solid hack you got there :wink:

2 Likes

thanks! though I’m having a small problem with making the talk event only appear if Bram talked to sadaati first.

if i make it an IFET, dewey can still talk to nilou, but it’s just blank and the event ends. any ideas?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible… Hrm. I was going to dive into the engine’s talk code for @AlfredKamon. I might as well make an option for is_allied as well while I’m checking it out.

2 Likes

that’d work! hahaha

2 Likes