FEU Variety Spriting Competition 2nd Round! ~Closed~

Last Round’ s winner was @monkeybard and runner-up was @feels
The first round is here.

Rules:
  • Themes are **100% Optional**. Don't feel restricted by the theme if nothing comes to mind, as long as you actually use the resources/guidelines provided. If you make something good, it will be accepted either way. Nevertheless, the theme is present because it helps some spriters work. If people feel the theme is too vague, then I will provide an example/reference.
  • There is no particular limit on palettes. Unless stated otherwise, you can use custom palettes and have no limitations on the quantity of colours. Nevertheless, the 16 colour limit is still recommended, as it helps the general cleanliness of the sprite.
  • **_No plagiarising of other spriters' work._** This should be a given and self-explanatory rule. Any entries which include blatant plagiarism will be dismissed.
  • Sprites made before the Competition are not allowed.
  • Even if you submitted your sprites, you are allowed to make edits until the deadline, though not make a completely new submission.
  • Please don't vote for yourself, even if you're behind on votes.
This round's format:**_Battle Stills_** - Random Creature Rider. This time, the theme is more open. Make a battle sprite (in any position, not necessarily a standing frame) of any creature, mythical or not, mounted by a rider for battle. Let your imagination run rampant! It could be anything from a new horse riding class, to something more absurdly awesome like a T-Rex Rider, or even something comedic like a giant lobster rider, don't feel hesitant about any idea.

As for limitations and resources, there are none. Splicing and customing are both allowed to any extent. This is also a good time to mention the lack of a palette limit, since mounted classes are the most tedious to manage palette wise.

As for references, it’d be a good idea to refederence any horsemounted classes, as well as flier and monster classes. also have that T-Rex I mentioned (made by Merc)

Deadline is Thursday 15th of June.

Best in Theme:

• feels
  • Blue Druid
  • Eliwan
  • Monkeybard
  • Lexou

0 voters

Entries: https://imgur.com/a/nBjh5

Pick ones you like:

• feels
  • Blue Druid
  • Eliwan
  • Monkeybard
  • Lexou

0 voters

Reserved for /pol/

That’s… not a lot of time. I better get started.

Somehow I thought there was less time, here’s something in any case.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Make a battle sprite of any creature, mythical or not, mounted by a rider for battle.

“Humans are creatures!”

(16c)

4 Likes

Not really. DISQUALIFIED
(Just kidding)

if you disqualify that you’re so fucking dead this is the greatest piece of art I’ve ever seen

learn to read, kirb

don’t joke about that you nearly gave me a heart attack! D:

1 Like

How many levels of irony are you on

don’t joke about that you nearly gave me a heart attack! D:

Oh err, I’m sorry Wan… D:

How many levels of irony are you on

about enough to make a longsword

I dont believe that

Hello friends I have a submission for you~

8 Likes

woah… sexy!

1 Like

didn’t really get to finish this but here

as for the rider… lets just say the fire on his back counts

and here’s an idle animation:

14 Likes

Sorry for the slight delay… life has been kind a busy. But the polls are up now yeh

And so @Lexou with 100% favourability + 4 votes, and @monkeybard comes second. I’ll PM you guys in a bit regarding the next round.

1 Like