[Tactile] Staff of Ages (First Tactile release out now!)

It looks like the ASM stuff we were using to restore a hexed unit’s HP is causing the game to blackscreen after the chapter ends. If you’re affected by this, download v1.6.1, patch it over a clean rom, and rename the rom to whatever you named your save file and the chapter should end properly.

5 Likes

A day in the life of Discord.

1 Like

Route split code finally works

6 Likes

Lazily copied from SF~

So the current release plan is this:

Unless we go back to change something significant for act 1 or if we have to fix a game breaking error, there will likely not be another release until part of or all of act 2 is completed.

There’s 2-3 chapters written already for both routes but little progress has actually been made on making them due to real life obligations.

Act 2 will be fully completed by next FEE3 and there may be a release with the first half of it sooner than that.

Also I never updated this thread for 1.6.1, but it’s 1.6.1 now.

Link

There’s a pretty good chance of another patch being released that has some edits to the act 1 dialogue and 1-5/maybe 1-6’s gameplay.

Another thing that will be in that patch (if it happens) and all other future patches is edited exp gain for units.

You may be wondering how the exp gain was edited, well it’s really simple, mounted units/combat magic users gain exp at a reduced rate compared to foot units in order to balance them better and keep the foot units as a viable option.

Another thing that’s farther down the pipeline is this:

(Leonhardt stuff is a WIP)

1 Like

So, we’re transitioning to the MAKEHACK/buildfile method for SoA, since FEditor is dogshit and breaks our stuff.

This doesn’t really change anything on your end, but you will need to make a clean save when the next version releases, because I tried using a non buildfile save and this happened:

So keep that in mind, and I’ll definitely be reminding you to start over when the next version releases.

We Virtual Console now

6 Likes

You’re under arrest for pirating SoA :policeman:

4 Likes

♫ They’ll be comin’ ‘round the mountain if you mod (if you mod!) ♪
♫ They’ll be comin’ ‘round the mountain if you mod (if you mod!) ♪
♫ They’ll be ridin’ six white horses ♫ if you make illegal choices ♫
♫ They’ll be comin’ 'round the mountain if you mod (if you mod!) ♪

9 Likes

Jesus christ, organize your shit. That home screen’s a mess.

3 Likes

Too much effort

1 Like

Pfft, get gud Zim. Gotta have the original cart!

10 Likes

>paying money for a flashcart

3 Likes

Blows dust off thread

Updating the OP is too much work, if you don’t check SF for whatever reason then here’s your notification that the next release will be Act 1 with skills and shit implemented. You won’t be able to use your old saves.

5 Likes

Ok but when is act 7 rereleasing

2099 confirmed

1 Like

Still comes before TWOW

Time to revive this thread so I can shill 1.7.1

We got skills, we got writing fixes, we got map design edits.

Download here

Approximately half of act 2 will show up for FEE3

4 Likes

but where are my fancy screenshots and stuff?