I appreciate the clear directions! I commented out all of the changes in the build file except the first two (text and CSV changes only, no engine hacks, events, or maps). After doing this and running the make hack full program, I got 97 errors of the following form:
File FE8 Level Up Skill Editor.event, Line 8, Column 1: Symbol EphraimLordSkillList isn't in scope
It looked like these were defined in the skill_lists.event files I was messing with, so I added the following line to the top of the build file:
#include "Engine Hacks/Skill System/skill_lists.event"
After that, I got 10 errors of the following type:
File FE8 Skill Animation Editor.event, Line 17, Column 1: Symbol AdeptAnim isn't in scope
I am not sure what to do about these. Please let me know if I need to include something else or if I am going about this the wrong way. Thanks!