[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

Are the skills applied before the combat forecast? Because FEIV:IotHW basically made you add damage from skills in your head.

Nice scrolling!! That’s honestly super impressive.

Still have the up arrows issue on th selecting weapon screen though

Yes, the skills will show up in the combat forecast, unless they’re activation skills.

Scrolling is actually working by default lol I didn’t do anything special there. I’ll get to the arrows thing :soon:

Thank you

What I could’ve sworn when I made like 50 options in FE:D they just went off the bottom of the screen, lol.

Bigger update: fixed many glitches, added a proper test chapter, tidied up the folders

8 Likes

New update again: now with 10 more skills by @Blademaster!
Also fixed a few things, like Savage Blow no longer activates if the attacker died, Lunge now works on enemies (if they have the skill they will always use it), and fixed a major error with the stat screen’s 4th page.

5 Likes

Nice. I’m looking forwards to more.
Although, how does this make sense with siege tomes?
Can the sage warp?

Swapping siege tome enemies.

I WILL find a way to use this in the cruelest and most evil manner.

4 Likes

Hello,

can i play this in a normal FE 8 run? I always get the Boss Rush chapter. I dont know if there is a easy way without hacking it myself. o:

One must ask how it makes sense with any ranged weapon at all

There is an easy way: hack it yourself.

1 Like

I see.

Well thank you for the answer. I wish i could do that by myself, but i dont have much time to learn it, especially something that is that advanced…
Still very cool to see what is possible. Nice work. :slight_smile:

What skills still need icons?

Lucky for you @MarkyJoe1990 did that for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w261m2l3ie9sq9/Skills%20System_vanilla.7z?dl=0[quote=“ukulelej, post:127, topic:2312, full:true”]
What skills still need icons?
[/quote]

All the skills I have currently already have icons, but if you have more then I’ll take em

Oh sweet. Thank you @MarkyJoe1990! :>

First of all, I have to say, this is incredibly awesome. I never thought I’d see a fully-fleshed out skill system on GBA in all the time I’ve been lurking the hacking community. This is very impressive work and great job to everyone who made this happen! I guess that gives me one less reason to ever play 3DS FE again :stuck_out_tongue:

I do have a few questions though. First, I can’t seem to figure out how exactly the Personal Skills are being determined. For example, despite not being in the skill_lists file, Eirika has Charm by default, and Seth has Savior. I opened up (what I thought to be) the most relevant event files and no dice. Even looking in the Personal Skills nmm indicates that she shouldn’t have a personal skill, and yet she does, so I must be missing something.

Also, I’m wondering if it would break anything to add more classes to the skill_lists event. For example, could I add a FordeCavalierSkillList, a new Forde Cavalier Class, and give him a different set of skills to learn other than the default Cavalier skills? Or is this made strictly with the default class table in mind?

Either way this is amazing and will be a ton of fun to mess around with.

Characters can have skills unique to them

Yeah, that’s what I got from this post. Where I’m confused is where/how you would edit that. Like I said, it seems like Eirika has Charm by default, and I’m not sure how I would change that into something else. It’s not indicated in the skill_lists event or in the Personal Skills nmm.

To be clear, I’m talking about adding a completely separate class to the skill_lists (one that isn’t already defined within). That way if I wanted each cavalier to have their own caps, skillsets, etc. I could do so.

does this answer your question?