FE8 Skill Ideas

well yeah there you go

Of course there is no connection between Astra and brave weapon, but if you use a brave weapon and trigger Astra twice, you will attack 10 times continuously. However,in the fact, the game cannot realize 10 times attacks here. Try and you will know why, and if you donā€™t give a brave weapon to a unit with Astra, no glitch. TBH I donā€™t know how Brendor overcomed it.(Maybe he replaced the official fighting system by his, then everything is possible.) As far as I know, everyone of my eastern fellows failed here.(They wrote the skill system by assembly and inserted it into the official fighting system.)

BTW I havenā€™t tried it and just witnessed othersā€™ failure several years ago. Maybe thatā€™s their own fault and first impressions are strongest.

Ah, so youā€™re just referring to the battle bufferā€™s limitation.

The game stores the animations to show through the battle buffer, 4 bytes per entry. However (in FE7) thereā€™s only space for 7 entries (4x from one brave attacker, 2 from the other, and 1 for the end code) before it has a pointer to the current location of the battle buffer. Thus if you try to queue more than 6 attacks, it overwrites the pointer and crashes/has unpredictable behavior.

The simple solution Brendor has done is just repoint the location of the pointer to the battle buffer so that the battle buffer can fit many entries.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s excatly what I said.

oh shit I didnā€™t even see this, my bad

right now I have no place for them but Iā€™ll figure it out at some point. Iā€™m planning on being able to teach units skills via manuals and events(ala FE5)