FE8 Skill Ideas

Not a skill but hijack great shield and make Imhullu

looks up Imhullu

oh you mean Maph. That wouldnā€™t be hard

At least Imhullu and Mafu mean the same thing (just in different languages.) (ā€¦I thought it was cool)

ā€œBehold: My Master Skill! Go, Great Anima! Next round of combat, I call in the cavalry! Then I activate my vulnerary skill to regenerate my HP, ready to repeat.ā€

Itā€™s an example image you donā€™t have to be a dick about it :confused:

he was just joking m8

p.s. I remember someone finding a map of coordinates responsible for the R-button descriptions. What are the chances of having something like that added to this?

Do you mean this?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one.

I know lol
If thereā€™s doc on it I can look into it
@jjl2357 if you have any more documentation on R-button stuff thatā€™d be awesome

I donā€™t really have anything else so far, but a lot of where the stuff is located can be found pretty easily by searching for the text IDs of the R-button stuff in question.

major thanks to GabrielKnight for the beast mug and icons :smile:

3 Likes

Looks nice. Itā€™s not too important, but can you still R select affinity? IIRC the little hand is always on the right side (thus off screen) isnā€™t it?

you mean the word (now ā€œFatigueā€), or the icon itself left of the name?
yes for the former and no for the latter

Isā€¦ the icon not affinity? But yeah I meant the icon. If I was was talking about fatigue I wouldā€™ve said fatigue.

But okie, yes.

You already posted an image of fatigue selected, too.

no it cant be selected with the R-button, but I might if I put the icon to the right of the name

Iā€™m beginning to feel like a hack god, hack god

3 Likes

Have some more progress. Custom skills are pretty much go

Sorry about the crappy quality

A few issues Iā€™m having. Iā€™d rather they be closer together, so the dev can fit more of them together. I like the size currently too, but I think 16x16, while smaller, would be better. Again, so the devs can fit more of them. What if I want the final ruins boss to literally have 12 skills? The big gaps seem unnecessary. While most people shouldnā€™t ever need more than 5, it canā€™t hurt to have room for more. Not to mention if the icons are smaller, 16x16, you have room for that STR/MAG split everyone wants so bad.

ā€¦ Those icons are without a doubt 16x16ā€¦

I do think the icons should be more ā€œpacked inā€, though. Having them spaced out looks a little awkward.

Oh, I thought he was saying in the SF thread he wanted to use 20x20 because 16x16 was too small. In that case, the size is fine.