[FE8] New Devil Effect

Another question, does the weapon become unusable if the wielder is at 1HP?

not currently, no

I think at that point, just give them a freebie and let them attack without penalty :P. Come on, they have 1 HP give them a break.

That said, Brendor, how did you get the text box to appear?

No, because Iā€™m going to make Phantoms come with three HP. If they start with a Devil Axe (Which is going to be a very potent weapon) then they can only attack twice before losing the ability to attack with it.

I found the spot where is loads the broken weapon text and changed it.

Does the broken weapon text still function?

Also, I mean more like, what bl did you use/gimme source

Edit: Also, Klok, if you need me to, I can edit the can equip code to check for Devil axe/>1 HP

Right now, no it doesnā€™t work because I literally swaped the text out so thatā€™s the next step; most of what I did was so far was go to where it checks if the weapon is broken and added an additional check for if the devil axe was equipped. I did the code in C++ so Iā€™ll put that up later

If Brendor canā€™t do it, sure. Otherwise, this guyā€™s gotta earn his commission right? And the challenge is always good for him, get more experience under his belt etc etc.

You hear this guy?

Oh yeah right forgot about that. Just I would have taken it out if Brendor didnā€™t feel like it.

lol

Maybe find where it loads what text ID to load, and then tell it to lead a different text ID if itā€™s from the devil axe effect?

yes that indeed was the planā€¦?

/4 months later.

I can pay the $30 now. Just got a second job and I have a bit of spare cash. PM me the deets of where to paypal the money.

Also, crazy mentioned checking for if HP was below 1 and preventing the weapon from attacking anymore? Iā€™d love to get that in there too.

er
if the hp was below one
they would be deadā€¦

Right, yeah. You know what I meant :stuck_out_tongue: