[FE8 HACK]FE1and FE2 remake on GBA

I do not know what happened.I only want to share a good hack. I didnot mean any offense.

Guys. Calm the fuck down.

If people continue to be blatantly antagonistic I’m going to start handing out flags. That means you, @MisakaMikoto.

EDIT:

There was an apology made, everything’s good. I was asked to remove the offending posts, so I did. Please let us know if there’s anything else to be done.

1 Like

OK, got it.

wow this topic is scary

4 Likes

Turn back now before it’s too late

I’ve been playing the FE1 side. Everyone seems to have 1000% growths in every stat, so the enemies stop posing much challenge once someone reaches level 2. Also, FE5 hit seems to be a thing (capping at 99, not 1RN.) Everything’s in Japanese and the portraits are just recolours of GBA people. Custom music is there too. FYI, 1-3 is FoW.

EDIT: Just had a 99% miss. Maybe it is 1RN?

EDIT2: Guys. This puts FE6 thrones to shame.

5 defence, 50 avoid?!

UPS
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i4ljGZb
FE1 UPS patch
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0TIZrM
FE2 UPS patch
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnU1cBl

Has anyone reuploaded these links? I’m interested in what could be an updated version or a standalone FE2 side.

Speaking of which, recently I’ve been playing the FE2 route up to the Lost Woods, but found that the map change event didn’t work and you can’t progress from there. It seemed like a good stopping point anyhow and I figured I could actually talk about the hack now. Hope this review is alright to bump for; even though the hacker might not see it, I just wanted to share my “full” experience and it seems that I’m the first to do so on here. All in all I didn’t dislike the hack; it had some nice music and I was hooked enough to keep playing even when I hadn’t played the source material. Wouldn’t recommend without a high pain tolerance though.

Assorted thoughts (long) + images

Alm map 1 has some mean reinforcements. It’s pretty rude to have brigands being able to steal your precious statboosters while they still outspeed you, and kind of feels like a punishment for blind players (though you get a few replacements on Celica’s 1st map). I definitely made sure to make use of those stats on the Deliverance group while I had the chance, though I made the mistake of focusing the Energy Ring instead of the Dragonshield on Python and he died for it. Fortunately, the next map temporarily respawns those who died so I was able to trade the Energy Ring to someone alive, but this could mislead some into thinking the whole game has Casual mode. Nope, everyone who dies is gone for good. They are weird in that they don’t show up in the Unit menu and don’t count towards autoend-turns, so I did figure that they were still dead in a way.

I ended up losing some of Alm’s Oujay friends as well, but it ended up for the better. I was able to focus my experience towards my other units and more importantly, dead units can’t take up deployment slots. See, Alm and Celica’s parties are actually all together on the world map (and Alm is still the commander/convoy in Celica maps), just separated by forced deployment slots. This means you’re free to trade around, and also deploy Celica in Alm maps and leverage their double Anima A Support for +6 Atk/Def, +30 Hit/Avoid, and +15 Crit/Crit Avoid. Usually it’s Alm supporting Celica because magic.

If I replayed this game, I would have killed off Clair and Forsyth as well. She doesn’t get to do anything in Chapter 1 (except get a Javelin from talking with Clive), doesn’t have the stats for Chapter 2 and suffers from horrible indoor movement without the ability to dismount, which is especially horrible in Chapter 3’s indoor starting position. The worst part is that she starts at Level 1, the farthest from promotion. Palla and Catria both join with higher weapon rank and level, so one could probably replace them with no consequences except supports. For what it’s worth, I did end up promoting her via some skirmishes though the game ended before I got to use her. For some reason I always see the same Level 4 and 8 skirmishes, with the Level 8/southern one having a scary manakete. Forsyth is just a knight and you already get Lukas as a potential General, though neither really fight that often anyway.

Clive was the real star of the early Alm maps, being a Cavalier and boasting a high lance rank and Strength cap. He carried the day in the second map’s castle siege, and was the first to promote when I realized I had the opportunity. Alm’s party has high demand for lances, and Clive should be first priority for those. It helps that he has full indoor move too.

Celica’s first map has a lot going on with monster boats and such. As for units, the mage gang is a lot of fun to play. 3 range Thunder? Brave Elfire? Effective Fire on monsters? Mutual supports? Hell yeah. The map is pretty huge though and it can get boring. Something to note is that the door in the bottom left opens if you Wait next to it, hosting a Dracozombie blocking the Mani Katti. It feels like a lot of classes have random access to such former Prf weapons (all give +5 Str/Skl), with it being practically guaranteed once you’re promoted. There’s an earlier post about this boss, but I found that Celica and Leon could handle him from afar. I haven’t mentioned this yet, but 2-3 range bows are a thing and it somehow gets better.

Celica’s desert map was a brutal difficulty spike, and I was playing on Normal. First you crawl through the desert, then you fight a Sniper boss, and you had better kill him quickly because you’re going to be holed up for about 20 turns by 3rd tier Baron reinforcements. The earlier constant barons are manageable to defeat with magic, healing, and appropriate chokes (Valbar + effective Horseslayer is the best melee option), but they all have Great Shield and it gets worse later. Jesse joins to open up the middle path on Turn 45, and soon after there’ll be even more reinforcements in the top area, including Level 15 Barons with near-capped stats.

These are insane opponents for scrubby unpromoted units, and it’s only thanks to the enemy limit and other reinforcements spawning first that only a couple Barons will ever spawn. To be fair, I assassinated Deen and Sonya’s crew with fliers beforehand, so maybe they won’t spawn at all if you keep enough enemies around. Still, those felt absurd when the rest of the reinforcements were weaklings to my units. It’s interesting how they give you 2 non-capped units in Atlas and Jesse that are nonviable for fighting, and there are 2 easily blockable forts…

I feel that this map is especially punishing when playing blind, like when I had Saber on the right side to open the centre door and he ended up stuck by Barons for the rest of the map. The final Dread Fighter boss was ridiculous as well. I was only barely able to deal lasting damage with a capped Celica using the Mani Katti + Mae C support for offense on the spot. To add insult to injury, Sonya and Deen are on the field with amazing promoted stats/weaponry, but are only recruitable AFTER Grieth is dead. And you have to walk Celica all the way back through the desert with 1 movement (use Jesse to rescue for 2 mov), and the other will start moving towards you.

Also, Est only spawns if the boss is dead by turn 100, which I wasn’t prepared to accomplish. However, a placeholder Citizen class Est joins on the next prep menu anyway. I trained her in a skirmish, and found no promotion. At least she can support her sisters. Speaking of the sisters, they all come with a Zeke support ready.

After that ordeal, you will likely have Celica in promotion range, and it really makes a difference. It’s important to note that you can only promote from the world map/prep screen from Level 19 onward. You can use the shield item (dropped from Celica Map 1 boss) in a chapter at Level 25 (max), but it won’t do anything. Celica’s caps are more like a 3rd tier than 2nd tier, and she will kill anything and everything in her path. This promotion also gives her lances for some reason and removes her old magic animations.

This game does make an honest effort to be Gaiden in some ways. It gives you the generic default weapons for anyone that joins. It has 3rd tiers with NES map sprites. Bow Knights get +1 range and a bunch of classes get some neat upgrade like a crit boost or Slayer. It has the swamp that you can barely move through, though I don’t think there were Ballistae Bow Knights in the original. It always has annoying summoner cantors that look like bugs.

Experience is also hard to get, where you easily end up with Level 17s crawling to promotion with 6XP per kill while freshly promoted Level 1s are scoring 85XP. They even put shields in (as weapons but still), though their sprites are bugged and they’re always seem to be used as roadblocks on heroes. There’s also Angel Rings that just restore 5 HP every turn.

I like some things. There ends up being an odd sense of balance in the chaos, where you can destroy common mooks but the big bosses are almost destroying you, and you might even be looking into the future. You see this annoying Dread Fighter boss, think “wow that is dumb/cool” but then you get to promote Deen and now you have a Dread Fighter and think “wow that is dumb/cool”. I saw Delthea with some busted statboosts, thought back to Vaida and the Uber Spear, and I was pleasantly surprised on her recruitment. Speaking of recruiting Delthea, you have to kill Tatarrah first, and that means someone’s holding Delthea off while also being bombarded by 1-3 range Druid reinforcements. There’s even a Physic drop in the same chapter! I thought this was a neat idea, though I wasn’t expecting to do anything other than grind.

Anyways, Delthea’s boosts are tied to an S rank tome that immediately went to Celica. I was even able to beat the Tower of Valni with it! Note that the game crashes on Turn 20, so there’s a time limit. Its Arena is easy but only gives 1 gold, but you earn about 25000G in gems that can help pay for the Silver Card. It costs 30000 in the prep shop, but only deducts 15000 on purchase. Torches might be the best other purchase there. Juna Fruits are worse than useless, and I don’t know why so many bosses drop them. Were 1000% growths unintended? I honestly can’t tell.

image image image

The game really expects you to use your full party. With the plentitude of 3 range and summoner spam, not anyone can just steamroll. There’s plenty of powerful weapons to go around. The Light users (Genny and Boey) are especially awesome with Purge and Slayer, and the latter also goes for Falcoknights, though bows can bully them easily.

In the end, I really couldn’t tell what was intended and what wasn’t, especially since there’s also the whole FE1 side coexisting in the same game. Infinite use items feel like they have to have been accounted for, since there are definitely not enough uses to last the span of time between shops. +10 in every stat is a bit odd. Most enemies are jokes, but then you have parts like the Swarm of Barons that feel like a hasty counter to your capped units. On the other hand, you would still have the infinite use statboosters.

Celica’s class is basically a third tier for the price of one and she’ll easily get kills thanks to her magic. Alm’s is nothing special compared to it. Supports acted a bit weirdly, not having the usual caps yet not progressing past a certain point. Enemies supporting themselves are annoying. Custom terrain bonuses like +50 Avoid for Gargoyles in Desert took me off guard, but at least you still have the trainer weapons with high hit to deal with those. Speaking of the desert, the Rangers with full movement really annoyed me since even my mages suffered from halved movement.

(Palla is the green affinity and Est is the red affinity.)

From my experience, savestating every turn is necessary. It helps to get around mistakes, but also needed to avoid a gamebreaking bug. Cantors/summoners that can create invisible enemies that will softlock with animations on, and otherwise immediately ends combat with no damage, rendering the Rout objective impossible and softlocking the whole map. The easiest way to tell is when the screen pans to a random position with a summon noise but no visible unit, and the start menu shows a random out of place dot. I think killing off as many enemies as possible will lessen the chance of this happening.

You also definitely need to savestate in order to actually make progress. If you use the Suspend/Resume feature, sometimes a random green unit shows up and glitches the game out. I manually Save/Loaded once, but found that Boey and Mae had disappeared from the party. For smoothest gameplay, USE SAVESTATES.

image image

Why did I play this? I don’t know. Apparently I have played for 50 hours, which feels accurate even when I was holding speedup the whole time. Thanks for reading my random blathering. Might edit later.

EDIT: Here are some things I forgot to mention.

• No Canto or mounted rescuing… except on Nomah, who joins in a swamp with 2 Move. This also means that Clair can only rescue Silque iirc.
  • There is no story at all. No dialogue. No death quotes. Just pure gameplay, which was nice since I wouldn’t be able to read it anyway.
  • Supports don’t actually count for % completion, except Alm/Sniper B iirc that brings up an interesting scene with recoloured Moulder and Wade.
  • Alm and Celica have a random fighter in their support list, and I don’t think it’s Mycen.
  • Skirmishes are not infinite unless you have the means to clear Valni.
  • I was able to get the woods event to trigger by changing the trigger flag to 0, but the rest of the maps seem unfinished.
  • Dark magic is very strange. I never figured out some weirdly long weapon ranges like Stone seems to have. I thought I recognized Eclipse once, but it was doing a bit above half HP against everyone and doubled a few people somehow, and didn’t even show the HP bars with map animations. It can be jarring to just see a boss randomly target and disappear someone like Clair left in his unseeable range. Also, Sonya comes with Dark rank (and Mae on Witch promotion), but it’s useless.
1 Like

The amount of patience you have is inhuman.

6 Likes

The problem is I didn’t understand the language

any way i can get this hack? i wanna experience this chaotic mess

Locked due to unnecessary necroposting.