[FE8] Full GBA Class Support Package[Canceled]

*Sweet FE and Hella Editor

3 Likes

Y’all need to pick one already or else I’ll just start calling it “The Thing”.

I’d need to know more about this package stuff then if this part of the addition is just going to be a package. If you have a full definition of what you/others consider nonmechanical, that would help as well, since I’m not sure what sound effects really fall under for example.

With the recent discovery of the limitations on standing map sprites and after getting an idea of just how much space all these animations will take up in the ROM(not even including spells), I’m going to have to cancel this project due to how limited something of this potential size could make a hack become.

All the work I’ve done so far can be found in this: https://www.sendspace.com/file/r4nzba

It includes the following changes:

A credits list

A change log of things added and at what offset they were added too(only map tiles, map sprites, and some sound effects)

Fixed nightmare modules for the included patch plus the general FE8 gba modules

Fixed animations and spells for FE8(I’ll add those to their main threads as well in a bit)

A patch with:

Icecube’s class expansion patch

Icecube’s range fix patch

Shadow of Chaos’s all instrument patch

A bunch of tilesets from FE6 and FE7 and their tile animations

Repointed and expanded class(currently just copies the whole table again), item, standing sprite(can support 256 entries in the table, but remember that only the first 128 entries work), misc map sprite editors, repointed weapon icon table.

No FEditor changes have been applied other than marking some free space and making sure the patch is compatible with the file.

Classes beyond 0xA0 in FE8 are weird and glitchy.
You get absurd and unexplainable errors like swapped map sprites, weapon ranks and stats…

If you’re using the modules that I provided with this patch, I just realized that the class number is set to being the default dropdown form… As such it only goes up to 0x7F. So maybe you’re running into a problem because of class number shenanigans due to the nightmare/my screw up? I’ve never run into any problems like that before using entries beyond 0xA0. I tested it now making Seth 0xB5 (great knight) and that didn’t seem to cause any odd errors when I suspended the game or closed it.