FE7 Self Randomizing Rom [Complete]

Hello! This bug appeared in the latest update. Everything was fine in the previous version. I’m using the gba.emu emulator.

2 Likes

oops! I thought I’d only changed some stats around but I’d mixed in an fe6 definition by mistake. Fixed.

ok, I did the same for Lyn and Eliwood now. This means they’ll be better on average when randomized into other classes, but units randomized into Lord classes will be a little worse. Vanilla stats remain unchanged.

2 Likes

Can’t really show screenshot but my Lyn is a dancer…
screenshot wont load…

1 Like

You can dance on over to the throne and seize. Batta doesn’t stand on it.

1 Like

i noticed after i reset…
i shoulda kept it, but after my reset i ended up getting 4 clerics(Matthew, Nils, Serra, and Florina) a mercenary(Erk) 3 thieves(Sain, Rath, and Wil) another dancer(Kent) a troubadour(Dorcas) and an Eliwood lord(Lyn) …
and the theives are stuck with 0 defence permanently as it’s their max defence…

2 Likes

mGBA_UqvYTKucqp

• Gold is now randomized
  • Really bad rolls for base stats / growths / stat caps are now less common
6 Likes

I’m having an issue where random characters will have more movement than they’re supposed to. does movement get randomized alongside other bases?

I’ve been playing with these settings:
Variance: 50%
Base Stats: Random
Growths: Random
Stat Caps: Vanilla
Class: Random
Items: Random Found Items Only
Enemy Diff. Bonus: Vanilla
Mode: Classic

1 Like

It does (but only has a chance for +1 or +2 mov to unmounted player units - it’ll never reduce mov). It’s a feature, not a bug, but thanks for the report :+1:

Edit: made colours random for fe6/7/8
mGBA_Bee5fPT1PD

you can’t turn it off currently so don’t update if you don’t want random colours

5 Likes

Dude the color randomizer make the sprite look so bad. Sorry

I’ll be adding a config option for this sometime soon

2 Likes

Recent updates (also applies to fe6 version):

As always, if you have nothing set to random then the game should play just like vanilla with no major differences, in case you want to play with only some features turned on like 0%, 100%, or fixed growths.

2 Likes