[FE7] ranged weapon modules

If you don’t mind, could you post the source code for the ranged penalty(and everything else would be nice as well). There’s a lot of information about how the game calculates range that I feel like your code incorporates that other, such as myself, could put to more good use.

Trying out the Hand Axe fix and it works great, except for one thing - Ninian using the Dance command plays Nils’s Bard animation instead of the Dancer one. Actual dancing rings like Thor’s Ire don’t have this issue and show the proper animation.

The installation of this in FireShell doesn’t do the half-strength thing for Light Brand, even if I set it to “If Ranged, Set to Light Magic, Crit 0” option.
Edit: Also, it still does magic damage at 1 range. I guess I’ll avoid using the light brand for now, but this seems prohibitive in the future…

Actually the properties of “if magic” is the one handling half str (at the time, I thought that the only weapon with halved str is only magic weapon, so I’m using the original method, clearing the bit of magic weapon properties).
Assuming that BE2EF8 has been changed into 30 2D BE 08, set Light Brand into 0xF6 (if ranged, if magic, transform into Light Magic, and crit 0).

Ah, okay. seems a bit unintuitive.

I’ve been trying to use the Hand Axe fix module (packaged in Fire Shell) and I’m extremely confused. I’ve set an axe (suppose it’s the Emblem Axe) to have 1-2 range; what do I actually need to do in order to get it to work properly in-game? I’ve been playing around with adjusting some of the values in the included modules and the most that I’ve done is to get an attacking character to freeze before the battle animation even comes up.

EDIT: In my eagerness to mess around with things, I seem to have fucked myself, because now any battle will cause the game to hang even if animations are off.

I’m loving these modules right now! Thanks, Icecube!

I did notice something, though. It seems like applying Spell Weapon B Module Instructions 7 and 8 (SPA 50/51.txt for use of the Range Penalty Module) disables the Negate Cricitals ability from Iron Runes and similar items - making that ability useless in the game. Was this unintentional? If so, has anyone found a way around this small issue?