[FE7] Pent&Louise support lock

By default, the character slots for Pent and Louise are coded so that they cannot attain an A-rank support with any other characters, and this is reflected in the Support Conversation and the Fortune->Reading screens where their A-rank slot for other characters are dashed out to prevent further supports past B-rank.
I was wondering if there was a way to change the code so that this applies to two different characters instead. I would switch out the characters to use different slots, but the hack is already pretty far ahead, and the character that needs it has to be a certain slot(character 0x02; for seizing purposes). Does anyone have any idea if this can be changed or if there is something that can be done about it?

1 Like

Are they really locked? It just seems like the game gave Pent and Louise enough support points to start off with an A support (as though they had three conversations with each other already). Therefore, it would be impossible for them to have A ranks with anyone else (because the GBA games limit the number of support conversations to 5). You can use Nightmare’s Support Compatibility Editor to see the initial support points of Pent and Louise (which is 241 for each, which equals A rank).

Yes, they are, I checked. If you go to the Support Conversation and the Fortune->Reading screens, you will see a dash where the A for the A-rank is supposed to be, and they cannot attain an A-rank support with anyone else. While yes, I can change their initial points, and yes, it does make them not have that A-rank, but the A for the A-rank convo is dashed out in the Support Conversation and the Fortune->Reading screens, even if the two characters no longer have 241 support points with each other; futhermore, if I make it so the two cannot support each other and therefore have no support points, the A for the A-rank is still dashed out in both screens.

1 Like