Because making a post here will kinda hold me to this a bit stronger maybe.
So since the Spring semester is ending soon I might actually have time to work on this in between Smash4 training sessions. So I'm going to expand the location based event in the event pointer array to allow for Dragon's Vein points. Usability will be limited to units with a certain skill (probably Lord). Will be its own unit menu command.
Things I need to research:
- Offset for the Unit Menu Commands in FE8
- I need to find the routines that check if an eventID has been used again. I remember seeing it before while debugging FE7.
- Revisit EA raws to get an unused ID for the LOCA event.
- Solved; Using traps.
- Where was the pointer to the chapter event pointer table in RAM again? Someone help?
- Revisit the unit menu usability routines for shop to see how the game natively loops through Location events. Maybe even call it as a subroutine.
- Or check for where it searches for houses.
- Ballista Usability routine