FE6xna First Public Release

H’Is h’it the fact that Miledy looks like h’a man h’or that she talks like she’s constantly h’about to run h’out of breath?

7 Likes

O LOOK IT’S THE REVENGE OF THE FLOATING PORTRAITS!!!

that doesn’t look like miledy at all btw, or at the very least the similarities are far to vague. at least in my opinion.

6 Likes

does anyone read the doc
i’d be lying if i said the same comments weren’t starting to irk me

1 Like

Doesn’t explain the accent.

3 Likes

what needs to be explained exactly

Why it’s so terrible?

4 Likes

wow that’s a good question
i don’t know
why do you think it’s so terrible

do you realize how pointless this is; complaining about a subjective problem with literally no actual complaint
you might as well complain to me what color palette i made rance’s horse

Feedback is feedback, subjective or not. You don’t have to act on it, but this is the place for people to post it.

2 Likes

I don’t like that I can’t find the rule behind it; but the accent itself doesn’t bother me… except for the part where it
hurts
to read it, especially considering that it seems to have no precedence;
and I can’t see any reason in adding it beyond “because i can”

maybe “because hopefully people will be annoyed and i can feed on their tears”, but that seems like a horrible way to decide that a thing is for the better

5 Likes

when you leave me no substance, what am I supposed to respond to
you do realize it’s the same as someone posting “this is good” right

as for the rule; it’s
any vowel following a consonant sound has a “h” added to it
any other vowel sound remains the same

“Princess Guinivere h’and h’I are going home.”
“My brother h’is h’ashamed to be associated with General Narcian.”

idk what to tell you other than I decided on something and I’m sticking to it; Miledy and Zeis both have the accent, Eren used to and practiced to remove it. Zeis falls into it around Miledy and Eren or when he’s not paying attention, but quickly leaves it behind whenever Narcian or any authority figure who he thinks will judge him is around

and this is the type of comment I was asking for; something that brings up a problem and why it’s a problem

1 Like

as for the rule; it’s
any other vowel sound remains the same

“Princess Guinivere h’and h’I are going home.”
“My brother h’is h’ashamed to be associated with General Narcian.”

This does not convey an accent to me at all.

In fact, this feels more like a pronounciation/spelling rule, instead of a verbal tic or accent.*

It doesn’t seem to do anything to build a point (though that may be due to shortness of experience); who has it and who doesn’t seems completely arbitrary (though again that may be due to shortness of experience and it’s something that will get proper explanations/implications later).

*I realize the line here is basically non-existant, it just seems to be an element of language instead of a specific one–two different languages that have identical sources; and did not branch much from one another before the period of depiction.

3 Likes

Well, I developed it from a real life accent that I’ve heard often, so I guess I would have to disagree with that.

Bernites have it, others don’t because they’re not from the region? Specifically those three were listed because they’re from the same home town?

1 Like

It’s terrible to read and makes no sense if read out loud.

H’adding h’an H h’infront h’of ‘everything just makes it ridiculous.
But I s’pose I dun haf’ to tell 'ya how to easily convey 'n accent, right?

Don’t go the Nayr route of making excuses to justify something that’s poor.

1 Like

It reminds me of this Discworld character.

Specifically: "Mrs Whitlow is a mistress of the unnecessary aspirant, often putting in an additional “H” at the start of words, as it sounds posher. "

3 Likes

maybe if you followed the rule it would make more sense
idk

As far as I can tell, NICKT’s line followed the rule–

Adding = ing = consonant
an = an = consonant
H = h = consonant
in-front = ont = consonant
of = of = consonant

So logically

H’adding h’an H h’infront h’of h’everything just makes it ridiculous.

is completely correct by the rule.

So… wat.

3 Likes

I was just dicking to make a point, but it was correct?

Top cunt fuck, shit yeah.

4 Likes

don’t write accents into dialogue even if the piece is dialogue heavy. It sounds weird reading it out loud, it looks stupid, and the reader can always imagine a better accent then whatever the writer tries to imitate. If you want to add an accent just remember to have a character comment on the accent at some point or arrange there mannerisms in speech to emulate the accent your trying to mimick and let the readers imagination take over. you want people to be able to read something without cringing after all, and conveying information is always far more important then artistic or visual flare.

8 Likes

Something i had trouble understanding was who exactly Lacey was. I had no idea who they were referring to when they talked about a civil war that apparently happened that her dad was responsible for.

I know now that it was talking about a chapter from Elibean Nights, but now I have to ask why you’re taking plot points from a fan game. I noticed you had changed some of the writing to have FE7 in mind, and while I disagree with doing that, if you are gonna do it, can you just stick to FE7 and not fan games that people may not have played?

9 Likes

Ing, is not a hard consonant sound, and he started the sentence with an H

The real translation would be

Would be correct.

Moving on[quote=“Overlordpichu, post:179, topic:1685, full:true”]
don’t write accents into dialogue even if the piece is dialogue heavy. It sounds weird reading it out loud, it looks stupid, and the reader can always imagine a better accent then whatever the writer tries to imitate. If you want to add an accent just remember to have a character comment on the accent at some point or arrange there mannerisms in speech to emulate the accent your trying to mimick and let the readers imagination take over. you want people to be able to read something without cringing after all, and conveying information is always far more important then artistic or visual flare.
[/quote]

Sorry

I don’t think I made it a requirement to play EN based off of the dialogue

If anything I’d specify who Yorrick and Dawson specifically are, but nothing more than that.

2 Likes