FE6xna First Public Release

So is Bors’ class now “used car salesmen?”

3 Likes

i guess so

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29863231/FE6%20Anniversary/bullshit13.png
ch8: done
ch8x: started

1 Like

I dont know why but no matter how I look at Lilina, after playing Awakening and Fates, Ive always felt Lilina should be like the Tactician Class. With the Sword and Anima magic. But thats just me. Other than that, beautiful job my friend. Keep at it. :slight_smile:

I will never do that (no offense)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29863231/Roy.gif
Was told to post this so there you go (it’s missing a frame and needs re-positioning)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29863231/Roy%20Magic.gif
this one is fine though
Courtesy of @GabrielKnight

2 Likes

hmm looks nice.

Roy animation fixes are ballin’/10. Can’t wait to see his new mugshot (assuming that one is in the works).

considering its basically the same animation as before, but with a slimmer build and better outfit/less silly hair I wouldn’t say ballin’, but its definitely an improvement and I like how the movements are retained as the Roy animation moved pretty neatly. In my opinion of course.

me neither
because it’s not in the works yet
;_;

1 Like

yadda yadda too much text to cover
question; is garret gertrude now(someone told me this)

Originally I considered the idea, but it’s been scratched. Garret won’t be a pc though.

all right
why is he being ditched though; are you shrinking the cast as a whole

Sort of; some people who I felt had no impact on the game(story-wise or gameplay-wise) I removed, like Garret and Karel. Others who fufilled the same role as each other became route exclusive(Niime vs Joder, Geese vs Gonzales), and added ocs to cover the bases of new unit classes entirely(soldier, crossbowman, zwei, etc) and relegating them route exclusive.
Iirc the total units per run through is identical or slightly higher. Just checked my spreadsheet; 53 possible in my project, 51 in actual fe6.

not a fan of kicking gonzo and geese on separate paths, niime and joder seems fine though

ocs huh
i guess making ocs is better than changing original character’s classes but i can’t say i like either option

Hopefully the characters I add with help with the overall flow of the story; I’m trying give people options as well as new things to discover. Fe6 has a lot of elements that were barely touched upon(nabata in general, the coup’s beginning, the rise of monke, sigune’s traitorous plans, the list goes on), I’m trying to hit them all with improved dialogue and new characters to go with it.

i guess i have to wait until i make any finite decisions on if i like the execution or not

I think it’s worth acknowledging that FE6’s original character/class distribution was janky as fuck. 7 Paladins. 3 of practically every other class (sans Sage & Dracomaster). Prepromotes everywhere. No T1 light magic users. There are plenty of problems.

Three potential solutions to this dilemma: the appropriate reclass (some people tend to go overboard with this in remakes), promoting the occassional background character to a playable role (again, some people go overboard and make everybody with a recognizable name join the party ala FE12), or the addition of OCs. In my opinion, OCs tend to be the least jarring solution when they are properly executed and relatively few in number.

Then again, I am the filthy sjw scumbag who plans to replace pointless characters in FE1 with female OCs–so feel free to disregard me.

2 Likes

that is a fair point, fe6 did seem to have way too much of random classes
#rule of 4’s

idk i’m just afraid that the game won’t feel like fe6 if there are random OCs in the spotlight is all, but if that isn’t the case then fine

duly noted; we are now enemies

1 Like

My only problem with this direction is that from a story perspective it seems like it might fall into bad fanfic alley where the entire thing is eye rollingly self concious and or lack any actual identity of it’s own. Then again i am the filthy scum who can’t give less of a shit about supports, and who feels that shadow dragon was a good remake/game with awesome music sooooo… yeah.

But I loved their pointlessness ; _ ;
In all seriousness, well i feel that the existence of pointless characters like richard or tohmas are there to punish the player for not keeping the better units alive, there’s also the more obvious and nicer purpose of giving players alternative options if they suddenly want an archer but have been ignoring gordin for perfectly legitimate reasons, and if you look at it like that then ya the stats and levels could stand to be readdressed.
That being said, when you start changing character genders, removing some characters entirely, or changing characters entirely for whatever reason then it starts to feel less like a remake and more like a Fire Emblem Six: New Edition or Fire Emblem One: Newer Edition. Ya know like what happened with pokemon ruby and sapphire in pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire, They share a name and a lot of other stuff but they aren’t really the same game or experience as omega and alpha are basically take two’s. Nothing wrong with taking another shot at it mind and to try and improve the game, but im just saying that it might be better to throw off any pretence of projects like these being remakes and just say that your making the basic outline of fe6 but improving it how you think it should be improved.

or whatever. sits quietly in corner sipping tea

1 Like

I strongly prefer the “alternatives” approach where characters who join later with the same class aren’t shoehorned into being “lesser” variants of characters who already joined, i.e. Tomas being the dollar store equivalent of Gordin. Throwing out “replacement” characters like candy (as FE1/FE11 likes to do) really only serves to cheapen the consequences of permanent death without doing much to enrich the diversity of playable characters.