FE6xna First Public Release

It still confuses people who haven’t played it. You expect the player to have played a fangame to understand a pretty important plot point (Hector being betrayed and killed, which is its own bag of worms, but i won’t touch it right now.) Is it gonna break the plot? Not necessarily, but its still something that I think can be ironed out.

6 Likes

Not really? [quote=“Punk, post:182, topic:1685”]
You expect the player to have played a fangame to understand a pretty important plot point
[/quote]

If anything, I was just trying give some background to the plot that was essentially skipped.

Oh wait it wasn’t, that’s a fair point.

Regardless, all of ch1 -> ch4 was written in 2011 when it was on the gba, so I am aware it needs to be updated and looked at.

3 Likes

I’m watching Seva’s stream and at 37 in, these are my thoughts sans those already said by Omni.

On a note for graphics, don’t extend some and then redraw others, you’ll lose out on inconsistency. It’s already an issue in the first few cutscenes.

I definitely agree with Omni on the initial comments he made during the first cutscene about story stuff. Harken mug looks iffy.

And that’s my opinion’s based on the first 17 minutes.

EDIT:

I’ve watched 20 more minutes, why is there so much name dropping of FE7 characters? It’s stupid on two fronts, it makes your world seem smaller 'cause instead of filling it in with more characters you just keep going back to the same pre-established characters and secondly, it exists solely for “Hey look you remember this character huh how cool is it to see their name callback callback callback fanservice for no reason look at us”.

Now I’m 2 hours in…
Finally met the daughter character, and why?
Like, not only is it an old mug by Aeo, Omni says it was a character in a different hack? Like, that’s jarring.
But holy shit do her and the mask guy look so out of place. Like, I’m sure Aeo would say the same about my works and I don’t mind, but her stuff does not mesh at all with regular FE mugs, they’re overdone to the point of ridiculous.

Lance’s hair changes look bad, not better than the original, the red knight’s changes are unnecessary and again just cause jarring, Wolt’s hair is literally terrible and Miledy is an abortion if you were trying to go for the original design.

Also, I know they were both from Elibean Nights, but the Zephiel and Eliwood mugs are both dodge as fuck.
Along with Gwen and Lilina but I think I’ve ragged on this enough…

4 Likes

I saw the stream, you don’t have to recap it to me in your own words…

If you read the doc you’d know

So, I’m kind of ignoring anything related to that at the moment.

And if you read my literal last post

yeah

1 Like

I didn’t recap the stream, I simply posted what were my opinions sans the ones I heard and shared with Omni.

I didn’t comment on the floating graphics, as I am in the process of converting my library to FEXNA I know why they are like that.
Not really sure how you gleaned that from what I said but I’m glad you were able to use it to misdirect from addressing the main graphical concerns I had. GG.

2 Likes

did you skip that part?

1 Like

Because placeholder is definitely a response to offering criticism on mugs, along with a comment on having Aeo doing some for you.
(Basically, you saying placeholder means that they aren’t finished, which is fine, but then you could take what I’m saying and pass it on or write it down when you get to working on the mugs. Hell, you could even ask me what I had issues with and I could go into detail, I’ve got all the time in the world and this shit is one of the few things I’m good for.)

I mean, a proper response to the former and maybe even the latter is “Thank you for your comment, I’ll forward it to our graphical team”.

6 Likes

I’ve found two bugs while playing. (in case they’ve already been reported feel free to ignore)
In chapter 2 when you skip a battle animation with “Start” and your unit gets a level up it doesn’t show the level up screen, didn’t check whether it affected units stats.
And in the beginning cutscene of Chapter 4 the game crashes after Narcian leaves.
The error log in the exception.txt says:

[details=Error log]25/01/2017 11:21:38
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MonoGame.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance…ctor(SoundEffect parent) in c:\Users\Eric\Documents\FEXNA Beta\FEXNA LIBRARIES\MonoGame-audio\MonoGame.Framework\Desktop\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 144
at FEXNA.Services.Audio.Audio_Engine.(String )
at FEXNA.Services.Audio.Audio_Engine.(String , Boolean , Boolean )
at FEXNA.Services.Audio.Audio_Engine.update_bgm_fade()
at FEXNA.Services.Audio.Audio_Engine.()
at FEXNA.Services.Audio.Audio_Engine.Audio_Service.update()
at .Update(GameTime )
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at .(String[] )
[/details]

the level up bug is a mystery to me, but I will look into the ch4 problem(never seen it before)

Leaving a save is a lot better than the error logs because the logs don’t really tell me anything

Apologies for the lack of replies; a lot of behind the scenes work. Ch6 has a new map, ch5, ch7, and ch8 are all candidates for new ones as well.

As per the many changes, it’s unfortunately recommended to start over from chapter 1(I know, sounds like one of my rom hacks), due to the massive overhaul I’m giving the chapters. Hopefully by the next release(probably mid february), chapter 9 will be included in the release.

3 Likes

i lied, i’ll just do all of the western isles as well as shoot for april first

been quiet around here

2 Likes

Then ill make some noise for ya?? :smile: Keep it up, you are doing it great!

h’it’s h’been h’real quiet

4 Likes

if you’re going to mock the accent, do it correctly

1 Like

Can’t wait for the next update Mr.Dancer :smiley:

See you in 3ish months.

9 Likes

what the fuck