FE6xna First Public Release

Chill
And yes, she is Erik’s daughter[quote=“Punk, post:87, topic:1685”]
I was asking Arch about his FE1 remake actually. Good to know tho
[/quote]
Okay nevermind, you’re off topic entirely lol

1 Like

paranoia, don’t worry about it. Just focus on writing it, and i’ll quietly whimper if i think your doing it wrong.

In my opinion not necessarily. If it’s a really good unit then ya losing them is punishment enough a lot of the time, but if its a more middle of the road unit then losing them but getting a unit of the same quality as they were or would be basically leaves no impact of having lost the unit in the first place especially if you don’t care about the character from a story or personality perspective. Granted im probably a bit of a cruel person when it comes to games, but honestly it makes sense as long as you don’t make the punishment too harsh in comparison to the value of the unit.

IDK, just prove me wrong i guess, and i’ll sit quietly in the corner and sip tea well changing my opinion.

2 Likes

For argument sake, we’ll refer to the good character as a 2 and the bad character as a 1, to show their differences in ability and output. If you lose the good character, you go from 2 to 0. No character. If that character is replaced, with any character of any quality then it is immediately going in a positive direction. You could imply that there’s a sort of psychological aspect, where you have to deal with this constant reminder about how you sucked but that’s a bit ridiculous for Fire Emblem…

2 Likes

Sorry not sorry?

1 Like

yuuuur nooot surrrry.
(its cool take all the time ya need.)

Ill wait, anything is worth a good hack. So ill wait here :smiley:

Okay, so instead of killing myself working ~19 hour days trying to get everything nice and clean for the first release, I’ll just delay it until FEE3 with the addition of hard mode being implemented.

I would fake apologize again, but you don’t want that.

1 Like

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29863231/FE6%20Anniversary/bullshit15.png
there we are

5 Likes

Bors looking mighty sketchy there.

Seeing Lyn makes me curious, is Roy’s mom set in stone, or do we get to play shipper in the sky ala MOD/EN?

Nope
Roy is the result of Eliwood and Ninian; it’s the most canonical pairing for Eliwood (the plot of fe7 as well as supports in fe6 point to her). Lyn is there because this is a flashback.

I guess cry now if you’re going to be dramatic

2 Likes

You are dead to me

Fr fr tho, it doesn’t bother me that much, beyond use of the word “canonical” cause I hate the use of that word when FE is the topic of discussion as it imo goes against the very idea of the franchise according to Shouzou Kaga himself “of making your own story for this world we give you”. It’s your project, so Eliwood x Ninian being canon for this game doesn’t bother me. I was just asking for curiosity’s sake, and if/when I play this, I’ll just use the outrealm excuse for the inconsistant parentage.

1 Like

maybe kaga got fired because of that…

that’s lame though

post 100 woo

2 Likes

I think this is more of a case where the idea was funneled into the player.

You’re free to disagree though.

FE6 is the rare case of where the sequal comes before the prequel, but the evidence points to Ninian being Roy’s mother(literally the plot), Lyn being Su’s mother(Rath is her father, Rath doesn’t exist in the feuniverse(:P) without her being with him, as well as fits her following in her mother’s footsteps of marrying a plainsman). Lilina is the only odd one, but Farina is more than likely the candidate of choice when the game was being developed due to Lilina and Shanni originally being related(Ilia), which would rule out Sacae entirely(Lyn included), and Farina is only recruitable in Hector Mode, by Hector, while Florina exists in every instance of the game.

I try to keep my personal bias out of pairings (mainly because I don’t really have one outside of serra x hector), so if this helps in figuring out why I made these decisions, then I’m happy.

1 Like

Oh, I understand why you made these decisions, and that’s why I hope I’m not coming across as angry or something. I basically asked just out of curiosity and nothing else. I can see where people say X pairing was pushed, but since they gave the options, I just assume all of them are equally possible as that’s the case in every other FE.

1 Like

and thus au fanfiction was really really easy.

How do the supports point to Ninian being Roy’s mother?

Illian flower, from Marcus/Lilina B, describes that Eliwood went to get an Illian flower for his wife because it was her favorite. Since Fiora has no hints in FE7 to being with Eliwood, and Lyn would have a much harder time knowing about the flower than Ninian, even Binding Blade points to it.

An excerpt from Marcus and Lilina’s B support: “Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. One night…before the two were wed, Lord Eliwood disappeared. He returned three days later, and presented his wife a flower. It was a beautiful white flower that grows only in the snowy highlands. And it was the flower she loved the most.” – Marcus

I would say its less the supports and more the overt dialogue in the game itself. Its the same as sumia in fe13 really, ya there are other supports in the game for chrom, but the opening graphics specifically show sumia as chroms wife, and every scene in the game directs the player to that conclusion. like ninians not as bad about that by far mind you, but its the same sort of schtick.

Honestly, that isn’t good evidence, especially it’s not in favor of Ninian. Fiora is from Ilia and Florina is Lyn’s friend, so it could easily them. That makes little sense, especially since Fiora is actually from Ilia.

1 Like