FE Fates Discussion Topic

I think that this just really underscores the alarming degree to which Corrin is a victim of circumstance without a shred of moral autonomy. The entire “if you talk about the HIDDEN SECRET 3RD DLC ROUTE you turn into bubbles” thing being an actual plot-point is nonsensical at best, and at worst it completely undermines the supposed “selling point” of the game (the choice between two paths that both turn out to be non-canonical, lulz).

2 Likes

That’s even more cost than what eshop would had got you. Plus, you don’t have to switch cartridge to play another. Also, considering you used digital to buy these two games. . . that’s not supporting your position.

That’s one thing that you should be furious about, not Kamui’s choices inside either route. lulz.

Last time I checked it cost $40 for one game and $20 for the other route, it’s the same that I spent in the two physical copies.
Also, I have my reasons to prefer the physical versions over the digitals, starting by the fact that Nintendo doesn’t have any support for the country I live in.

1 Like

And it worked as I thought, right now I’m uploading the video.
I’ll keep playing the Nohr route in the Hoshido cartridge to verify if you can progress further or if there is a lock somewhere.

Update: There is a lock. Right before starting the chapter 7 it request internet conection to download the other route.

Update 2:
Heres the video

can we all take a second to think about how fucking stupid this unexplained plot device is
first of all who would believe you anyway if you said "guys there’s a mystical country that exists between Canada and the US. Its called Valla. Don’t believe me!? how!>?

if I mention the country and vanish. Do they vanish for knowing it exists now? Can I mention the country when I’m about to die? Is it just mentioning Valla? Can I say “magic country”?
CANT I BRING IMPORTANT PEOPLE THROUGH THE WATER PORTAL THEN SHOW THEM THIS COUNTRY AQUA

—ghast find your chill—

2 Likes

RIP Ghast, I’ll bury your bubbles

So you can’t just bring people through the portal if they aren’t named Corrin or Aqua.
But I wonder if I’m allowed to do this?
hand over a note to Leon and just be like
“don’t read this out loud, there’s a bullshit curse that will make you vanish if you do.”

1 Like

Is this the same level of bull-shittery assplot as the blood contract or whatever they were called?

I dunno, as a writer I always look at “curses” and things like them as lazy writing.
Maybe that kind of stuff doesn’t seem as ridiculous in Japan, considering their culture it’s not so surprising to be honest.

We should see if we can do better, like, take Fates and re-write it and shit. Should be pretty fun.

4 Likes

Fates makes FE10’s blood contracts look like a sensible plot device.

That’s saying a lot.

4 Likes

People found leftover audio files suggesting skinshipping wasn’t removed until later in the localization process

http://goombella123.tumblr.com/post/140081511484/my-theory-is-that-skinship-is-still-in-the-game

Fo’ ya’ll that give a shit for some reason.

Also, jesus fucking christ, how damn hot is it today? Fuuuuuuck.

2 Likes

…huh

It’s snowing where I am lol

it’s both snowing and hot here
it’s very confusing

1 Like

EU/AUS(I’m guessing AUS too) has the superior SE and I’m hella salty

Today had a top of 35 degrees celsius.
It’s almost 5pm and it’s gone down a couple to 31.

Looking at a forecast even has it at 24 degrees going into midnight.
The only real let up is to 19 at around 4am.

I think my frustrations with Nintendo poorly handling it’s licenses and IPs is seeping out and heating up my country…

Bout fuckin time

1 Like

7pm and still 31.
Literally the second worst weather to take a shit in.
First would be when it’s really cold and everything freezes and you have to scrape it out with a fork.

1 Like

This thread is more or less fates related so I’m dropping in to say Chapter 10 revelation is literally the least fun chapter out of any FE game I’ve ever played.

I’m bad with Chapter Numbers, is that the snow one? Fuck that chapter.

1 Like