FE Fates Discussion Topic

2 Likes

Is it weird that, considering all the dicsussion here, I’m just wondering how the Pokemon games got the equivalent of a Teen rating in Germany? They’re given a kids’ rating everywhere else I know. (That is, “ages 6 and over” or “all ages”, and so on.)

But how many play like FE? Most, if not all, SRPGs nowadays like Fire Emblem play more like Final Fantasy Tactics than FIre Emblem. Not that FFT is a Bad Game - I haven’t played it - but those games don’t really play like FE from what I’ve seen. The ones that lean more towards strategy (XCOM, I suppose, but I haven’t played that) are usually very Western-style and don’t have as much of a plot. I can’t really think of any other reasonably recent SRPGs that aren’t more like Final Fantasy Tactics or X-COM, mainstream or indie, other than Valkyria Chronicles, which is partially kind of real time and the turn system is rather broken, and Telepath Tactics, which I consider somewhat subpar and only fit for people who actually like Shadow Dragon.

We should totally do this some time. How hard could it be? :stuck_out_tongue:
also we could sell the game without getting our asses sued to oblivion

I don’t even know anymore. This is just dumb now. not that it wasn’t dumb in the first place
Have a picture of a cute mouse in a dandelion. This, at least, makes some measure of sense.
[spoiler=cute mouse in a dandelion]

[/spoiler]

3 Likes

I think we’re missing the important part

We can touch this beautiful man now

No, you can blow him.
Apparently the actions with the stylus aren’t allowed.

Works for me %^)

same

So they removed the “petting” but you can still “blow” the characters?
How is that better?
That feels half-hearted
May as well have not bothered messing with that feature If that’s the case

Ashera is dead and we killed her.

5 Likes

Can’t you just not use the feature?

1 Like

Quit bringing logic into this

3 Likes

I can ignore many bad features, bad decisions, bad games, bad shows, bad movies.
For sure.
That means we can’t discuss, argue it’s merit, it’s worth? It’s moral implications, it’s validity in it’s implementation, aspects?

Sort of sick of people using your argument…

3 Likes

No…? Just saying if it’s a non-essential side thing you could just not use it if it bothers you.

1 Like

No one ever said anything about talking about it, they simply said [quote=“Brendor, post:193, topic:1452, full:true”]
Can’t you just not use the feature?
[/quote]
Hell, not using it can be just as important as using it, if you want to send a message, and no part of this precludes discussion. It’s actually beneficial to discuss things you don’t like, especially with people who do like it. Expands your worldview.

I don’t think its about not using the feature.
Ignoring it isn’t going to make it go away/ doesn’t make it a “non-essential side thing”. Having these options, regardless if you use it or not sets a precedent for what’s okay to be in the game so long as it sells copies.
Which sucks for us who now have to deal with the fact that everything except for fucking Nohr kind of is to appeal to next generation fans and anyone else who is cool with dealing with the fact that they need to announce a disclaimer for every time they say “I play Fire Emblem” with "but I don’t play it for the weaboo shit so don’t judge me.
because its not like fates is going to have a reputation for being a good srpg. its going to have a reputation for being this “weaboo sim”.
I’m 23 years old how am I supposed to look this direction and be like “yep, I like where this is going”
I WORK OUT AND PAY BILLS I HAVE CHILDREN GUYS its Y2K all over again
fuckin kms ripperino

7 Likes

But Silas just wants to give you as kiss ghast

3 Likes

you can also invite Takumi in for a threesome but rubbing his face would be far too inappropriate

1 Like

No

3 Likes

https://www youtube.com/watch?v=ow1XlB2HOZE

THIS FUCKING SCENE THO

Top-tier hippie

1 Like