FE Editor Suite 2015 Pro Deluxe Edition

the specifics of the implementation aren’t really important

things like GUI mockups and requested feature lists are honestly far more useful, as a dev.

I’d like to point out that is somewhat wrong. For example, assume you want to edit a character’s name. Imagine you had to choose between pressing a button that says “Edit name”, typing in the name, and pressing Enter, vs an implementation of “Edit name”, followed by an “Are you sure?” yes/no prompt, then you type in the name, then it asks “Are you sure you want to edit the name?”. Which would you prefer, the first or second?

In that case, it adds two extra steps of annoyance. Making sure it’s as streamlined as possible is a fairly important step. Unless you just meant it’s not important to focus on implementation just yet and save it for the future?

he means “tell us what you want, don’t worry about how hard it is to implement”

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense.

Klok, it’s FE Editor Suite. Get it right, hahahah

Aw come on, we spent YEARS correcting people, with Hexator constantly saying “No you fuckers, it’s FEditor, not Fire Emblem FE Editor, not FE Editor, it’s FEditor!” and now we want to change it again?! You’ll break the fandom.

Why not call it something new? FE Suite? The Suite? FE-Suite? The word Suite is suddenly looking wrong to me, I think I just broke my language processing centers.

No, lets go with FE Editor, please.

Please, hahahaha

2 Likes

The acronym is obviously FEES2k15PDE.

1 Like

But the noobs, think of the noobs. I’m crying just thinking of the help forum on serenes and us being like “Uh wait did you mean FEditor or FE Editor?”

that falls under the category of “GUI mockups” and not under “implementation”

implementation is things like talking about how the metadata etc will be handled internally which isn’t really important (well, it is, but there’s no real reason to be discussing it)

1 Like

And it’s also mostly done as well.

2 Likes

Call it Emblem Magic, confuse it with Lunar Magic and Hyrule Magic.

2 Likes

Small mockup of what I envisioned

[quote=“FPzero, post:71, topic:691, full:true”]
Call it Emblem Magic, confuse it with Lunar Magic and Hyrule Magic.
[/quote]Emblematic Emblemagic. Portmanteau all of the things!

FE Editor: Emblematic Emblemagic Magic
Don’t you get it wrong. (And don’t miss the colon either!!)

The project is on hold as @zahlman refines the design philosophy. The code is on a github repo now. Expect small edits as we slowly get closer to our goal.

And by “zahlman refines the design philosophy”, what you mean is “everyone else begins to understand/agree with what zahlman has been poorly trying to explain the whole time.” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

slowly

or realize that he has, all along, been insane.

That I am insane is neither in doubt, nor a reason to disregard my ideas.

2 Likes

hence the boolean or