FE: Echoes, FE: Warriors: FE16, FE: Mobile, Erin - CONFIRMED

The winners are finally here:

2 Likes

You can also check the full list here:

… Thorp got over 10 000 more votes than Eirika.

Man, Fire Emblem is so, like, mainstream now. The numbers are so huge, it’s still a surprise even though we’re five years into the post-FE13 era.

Lucina and Tharja 2nd and 3rd respectively, yay for generic and over-used anime tropes and characters.

3 Likes

TBF, just from browsing tumblr and fanfic.net, most newer fans dont even really seem to know that the older game exist like at all. Still doesnt excuse the poor taste the vast majority of people seem to have though.
(then again the older fe community are insecure elitists worried that the series is gonna change into a completely different beast because of “filthy casuals/newbies”

4 Likes

To be fair those worries were justified. 15 is looking nice so the fears are being put to rest for the most part, but you can never be too sure after face petapalooza.

4 Likes

definitly agree that its a founded fear, fire emblem until awakening was always just a fairly obscure game series with a small fanbase, and then suddenly here comes a sudden wave, praise, and adoration for a game that the people who had played previous games in the series more often then not just felt was not as good as previous entries in the series for a variety of reasons. Its all fine and dandy to say that one should just be grateful that more people are playing the series which means it can stay afloat, but that just feels condescending when that success could mean the series abandoning the things that made a lot of people love or like it to begin with and making the situation as worse as if it just sunk instead, perhaps even more so as you would constantly see an impostor wearing the skin of a dead friend.

It doesn’t help that if ya go to the major sites that arent series specific communities a lot of the newer fanbase seem more if not wholly interested in the new released games without at least trying to make an effort to learn more about the series, something that is incredibly easy considering the internet exists so there would be nothing preventing them from learning about the series.

15 does hold promise though, at the very least at showing a better quality of game to newer fans so that theyll have higher standards, get em to learn more about the series, and what have you.

5 Likes

Lucina’s character isn’t that generic.

It is really trope-y, though. :|

Try applying what I call the Mr. Plinkett character test.

Describe her character using singular words that do not reflect her job/position in the world, and do not reflect her clothing.

For example, Han Solo is a dashing rogue, a bit of a scoundrel, a conniving lovable goof.

Padme is…? Lucina is…?

The word you would be looking for here is ‘boring’.

3 Likes

puts cup of tea down

The problem with lucinas character is that it is entirely dependent on the future apocalypse and going back to save it. With out the fairly unnecessary plot device there is almost no substance or character to her. Id go as far as to say that without it there would be no character to her. her existence depends on it. she is a personification of the future subplot itself. Aside from that there is little to nothing that sticks in my mind about her.

She is better then chrom though who has no reason to exist and needs to be purged with fire.

2 Likes

No the general problem is that 90% of characters in FE13 and beyond have no character to speak of at all.

I can literally name like, Nowi… Henry… Gregor… etc. Like maybe a handful of characters have any personality traits whatsoever. This is one of the reasons I consider people who think FE13/14/Heroes are the best games or are their favorite games so baffling. These games already didn’t have the greatest gameplay. Coupled with the blandest of stories and characters made out of farts and playdoh, you have to struggle to find any characters that are likable.

I know someone, not naming names, who thinks Lon’Qu is a good character. He’s not. He has very little personality and says so little, there’s nothing to like about him. The thing is, the characters do all have unique and distinctive art design, so what I think actually happens is people project memories of scoundrels or other such GOOD characters from the past onto characters like him. If they described him, they’d invent false memories, saying things like “He’s aloof, and mysterious, and a charming guy” or etc. He’s not, but he looks so much like every other dashing scoundrel that people just invent a personality out of thin air.

I call this the strength of the artists, but the writers for the new games were garbage. FE14 couldn’t even hold me to endgame. I know some people here, veterans of the series, genuinely liked it, but I quit after a mere 5 chapters. It was just a slogfest, and the paper-thin story was only ruined more when I realized they’d shoehorn child characters in AGAIN.

There may be more fans than ever for this series, but if the latest games are their idea of fun and innovative or whatever, I’d hardly call them fans at all until they go back and play at least some of the games from FE4 to FE10.

8 Likes

Fates!Conquest sucks at storytelling and characters. But at least has the better gameplay compared to the others. Maybe at the level of FE9.

I think Conquest is better than FE9

Conquest is in my third fav FE solely because of the gameplay lel, and honestly, New!FE doesn’t have worse characters than old FE, it just has too many supports for it’s own good. To use the Lon’qu example, his support with Cherche actually gives him backstory to explain his shyness around women, and while the explanation could be looked at as needlessly over the top, this is something his closest equivalent to my knowledge, Florina, never got in her game at all. Sure, the stories suck now, but they’ve been pretty bad ever since FE10 came along, and the batting average wasn’t exactly consistant pre FE9 either considering FE2, 4, 6, and 7 exist. Granted I don’t play these games for plot, but New!FE ruining story isn’t entirely accurate. Tho I did start with FE13 then played the older games, so feel free to ignore my rant here

1 Like

I didn’t like Conquest that much.
It would’ve been fine if the overpowered prepromoted royals came in later. As it is, it’s essentially Royal Siblings in the Zany Adventures DX ft. some other schmucks, where using other characters and benching your faux-relatives feels like intentional gimping because the developers REALLY wanted you to take your fake siblings everywhere.

At least they weren’t as shameless about wanting you to use specific non-lords as FE10 was, I’ll give it that.

Birthright’s writing is actually the best of the bunch, in my opinion, even if he gameplay is just a more refined Awakening.
Revelations is atrocious on every single level.

Screenshots of FE Echoes in english!

Apparently magic requires HP to be used, just like in the original.
Skill will be replaced with Technique? (TEC)

And three pics from Amazon JP

1 Like

Digging the skeleton portrait.
I wonder if promoted Mercs will still be Myrmidons, though. Some of the FE2 class names and promotions oughta throw a curveball at the newer people.

If you wondered how $1000 wasted looks like:

3 Likes

No Hector

Deletes account and resets

1 Like

I’m confused, he spent a thousand dollars and only got 1.25 pages of 5 star units? That’s crazy. He should have a lot more than that, and certainly a lot more non-Lyn units at the least.

1 Like