FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Is English different from Atk and Pow?

However, the power(力) of Japanese is not used much in the sense of magic because the meaning of cutting and punching forces and physical strength .
Therefore, I think that it is expressed as an (攻撃)attack.

1 Like

MAG/STR takes too much room. POW conveys the proper meaning well.

However, Weapon Might (MT) is different and needs a different word. It is displayed differently in the game too.

Atk is actually used here though, so it’s hit or miss. Most English people would prefer POW though because of other games in the series translation.

1 Like

Later, when I receive a translation, I change the “攻撃” of Japanese towards something different.

2 Likes

Here is the new en.txt

Replace yours with this. I have not edited the editors at all otherwise yet.

https://pastebin.com/QWp7TfBX

1 Like

Awesome! I just have one question though. Is this compatible with FE6 using the latest translation patch (gringe’s translation comes to mind)? Like, if I want to translate chapter titles and move it to a free space because it’s larger, I have an error.

1 Like

I wouldn’t try editing text with it at all, but it should be fine otherwise for anything not-text-related.

Seriously, don’t edit text. The text editor needs a lot of work right now.

1 Like

Um, hi there! Newbie here. Could someone tell me how to change the language? I can read some very basic Japanase, and I know that there’s a 言語 tab in Options which, I assume, should allow me to change it to English. However, after selecting the en=英語 option and clicking what I assume is an accept button, it displays this message:

Yes, the error message is in Spanish. Despite that, do you have any idea what might have caused it?

I was under the impression that, once I had downloaded the program, I would be able to select the English translation you guys were talking about. But now I wonder if I’m supposed to download a separate translation patch in order to apply it?

Sorry if this is obvious or something. Thanks!

1 Like

It goes by your system settings. There is no Spanish translation, so if you read English, you could go through the en.txt translation file that I posted and convert that to Spanish, then resubmit it here, maybe? Then it can be added as an official Spanish translation. https://pastebin.com/QWp7TfBX

But yeah, system localization settings. That’s all we’ve got right now. Change those to english and they will work. That does also change everything else on your pc to english, but you seem great at English so… eh?

1 Like

I can handle text, I’m mainly concerned about graphical edits :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, so. My system locale was in Spanish, and I assumed that I would have to change it to English in order to view the program in English. But I just did that and it game me the same error message.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

1 Like

Looking at the error message,
I do not think you can access m:\config\config.xml.

Information such as settings and translations are stored in the config directory.
All the settings of this tool are stored in config.xml.

Please confirm what is going on with this file.
Is there a config directory? Can you write to the file? Etc.

I do not know what area the area called m: drive is, but is not it an area with some restrictions?

1 Like

Is it a remodeling patch for English translation of FE6?
you can load it.

However, since the character code has been changed, you must use the tbl file.

The reliable way is to open the MENU Settings -> Options ,
Language tab and
select en_TBL(English) from the second item,the “Text Encoding in the ROM” combo box.
After changing the setting and saving the setting, restart the tool.

Then restart the tool and load the English revised version of FE6.

The TBL function has not been tested so much, but it may be something something wrong.
If something happens, please let me know if you find a bug.

The tbl file for FE6 for English remodeling is stored here.
config\translate\en_tbl\FE6.tbl

1 Like

When sending a translation file to me,

Please send the project all in zip format.
Not only en.txt, I also need other files.

You are changing the form to English by the “Convert” process of the tool,
There is a file which records which source has been replaced with English.
It is a file called * .tlink.txt.

• .Designer.cs
  • .tlink.txt

and

en.txt

If all these are complete, “Reverse” processing can not be done.
Therefore, please zip all projects.

1 Like

I haven’t done this yet. The only file I’ve edited has been EN.txt

But sure, here you go. https://puu.sh/xE9Dq/39f2bc8e52.7z

1 Like

Well i’m not the guy that asked you the question but for your information here i’m French using W10 French.
I had to do this manipulation the first time I tried your tool. (not useful to read: I found it messing around thinking even english user will have to figure it too and since none asked I did not bothered you with that).

maybe remove the function that use google so it doesn’t get ban ?

Well don’t want to bother
This is a great tool tho Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

OK. I decided.
Next Version, if the language can not be auto determined, it will be in English.

Currently, I do not know which language is unknown, I made it to the default Japanese for this tool.
In the future, if you do not know which language, I will select it in English.
In this case, few people will be in trouble…

The next version may be released in about a day.

maybe remove the function that use google so it doesn’t get ban ?

Using the method discovered by the person who created the trans-shell, I use google translation.
However, this method is informal.

If you do too much, you will be BAN.

I will supplement it so that there is no misunderstanding.

Even if you invoke this tool, you will not access google translate.
The translated string is saved in en.txt.
The character string is displayed based on the character string of en.txt.

In order to make en.txt, the developer function uses google translate.
Developer functions are not normally used.

1 Like

UPDATE
https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/367

2 Likes

Undo/Redo is supported on the event command screen.
Undo/Redo is supported on the text conversation screen.
Several patches for FE8J were ported to FE8U. (detailed explanation later.)
Other bugs fixed.

https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/368

1 Like

Hey 7743,

I’ve been using FEBuilder for a few days now and it’s been an amazing learning experience, as somebody who is very new to this sort of thing. I have two questions, and I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask for help.
Firstly, I’ve managed to edit the battle animations of several units but the Mage doesn’t work as I intend. I assume it is to do with the “Show Cape Flowing Animation; very hardcoded” that appears in the .txt file. How exactly will I go about resolving the issue/ removing these hardcoded frames? Simply deleting the code dose not stop it from playing.

Secondly, I’ve installed the Magic CSASystem via the patch menu but clicking on the Magic Animations tab shows “CSATAble Not Found.” The Additional Magic page still opens but adding new spell animations causes a crash when they are used in game. I would also like to edit the existing spell animations but I can’t seem to find them anywhere in the program. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help and keep up the amazing work.

1 Like