FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I updated the maximum level patch of FE 6.

ver 20180225.15
In the map editor, Improvement of position adjustment of Tile Change.

When you left-click on the gray portion,
I proposed to move to a location.

Resizing to commonly used size is also possible.

Is there a way to increase the item effect list without it glitching all the items usage to “sealed swosd”?

I will fix it next time.
Normally, the item with the smallest address has no effect of “-”,
but FE 6 occurs because the seal sword is the smallest address.

I’ve been following the tutorial for magic here:
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?cmd=read&page=è§ŁèȘŹ%2FFEBuilderGBA%2FAdd_magic_effect_EN

However, when I try to apply the magic patch, this happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I made sure that the tool was provided with event assemblers core.

Edit: It seems to happen in Event Assembler 10.1 and above, in 10.0 or below, a blank cmd window opens and nothing happens after that. Although, I’m not sure if this is relevant.

I think that it is because it can not be written in that folder.

In order to clarify the ORG definition, FEBuilderGBA creates a temporary EA script and then executes it.
That temporary is created in the directory where each patch is located.
This temporary file could not be written, so it was an error that occurred because processing was not successful.
Make sure write permission is given to the specified folder.

And ,about “sealed sword glitching” of FE 6.
the problem has been fixed with the latest version. ver 20180226.23

The TAB function is supported.
It is now possible to edit like the TAB browser on the event script and disassembler screen.

Also, when typing Ctrl + J on the event screen ,I opened it with the contents of the first argument.
You do not have to do the troublesome thing to open the control panel and click on argument 1.
If you press Ctrl + J, it automatically opens the item with argument 1.
Also press Alt + J to open the screen with the second argument.
If it is an event command, it opens in a new tab.

On the disassembler screen, when you press Ctrl + J with the BL and B instructions, the instruction next to that instruction opens in a new tab.

In the event script, typing Ctrl + N makes it possible to fly directly to the instruction change screen located at the side of pressing the command button.
When changing instructions, you can do the troublesome thing that puts out the control panel and presses the Command button.

Also, in order to match shortcuts with Chrome etc , I support the new shortcut Ctrl + W.
Press Ctrl + W to close the window.
If tabbed, close the current tab.

You can switch tabs with Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2 
 Ctrl + 9.
You can also go to the next tab with Ctrl + Left or Alt + Left, Ctrl + Right or Alt + Right.

Until now, since I did not enrich the operation with the keyboard, I will reinforce it at once in this version.

On the event instruction or disassembler screen, enter CTRL + J to enter the subroutine and close it with Ctrl + W when it is no longer needed.
I think that you can analyze the data structure of the FE like a tab browser, just like browsing the Internet.

Thank you for answering all my questions! Unfortunately, I have one more for now.

So I extended the item icon list in fe6, inorder to add a new weapon into the game called “slim axe”
I gave it the devil axe icon, for testing purposes, but intended to change it to a custom one later

I applied it over the item slot 81 on the right.
However, in game, the icon glitches if it isn’t equipped, but works fine otherwise.

I also figured out the reason my patch wasn’t working before! It’s because Fire emblem builder was in a folder that had spaces in the name! C:/users/fireemblem shenanigans/Fe_builder in my case, it worked when I moved it to a folder that didn’t have spaces in the name.

When expanding the icon,
After increasing the number of tables, you have to fix the program to increase the maximum number read by the patch.

However, FE6 has not yet identified the location of the program to increase the maximum number of reads.
It is being analyzed in FE 8, but it has not been done yet in FE 6.
Therefore, you can not expanding icons.

Icon data is a difficult part in case you have to adjust work memory.

Oh alright, thank you for explaining it to me, great job with the program so far! I’m completely addicted to it.

I did some testing, and as it turns out, it’s only the A0 Item slot that has that effect (Atleast that I’ve found so far) for example, the A1 and A2 item slots work fine, and do not produce any errors or glitches at all. So I am able to add more weapon icons, as long as I don’t use A0.

did some testing, and as it turns out, it’s only the A0 Item slot that has that effect (Atleast that I’ve found so far>) for example, the A1 and A2 item slots work fine, and do not produce any errors or glitches at all. So I am able to add more weapon icons, as long as I don’t use A0.

Since it is a work memory area problem, I do not know whether it is always right or not.
If someone writes in the excess portion, you will get a bad icon.

I also figured out the reason my patch wasn’t working before! It’s because Fire emblem builder was in a folder that had spaces in the name!

Even if there is space, it should work.
It may have been changed to a writable attribute by rebuilding the directory.
Either way, it’s good to be working properly.

Hey, I wanted to bring up an issue I’ve found.
If you use “status ailment sword” patch with “Skill SkillSystems 20180214” patch,

You’ll be stuck in combat for a very long time, doing No Damage pings despite should be damage, and other glitchiness.

You can reproduce with a clean FE8(U) rom just by installing both patches. (Any Order)
Just order Seth to kill a Brigand and you’ll notice it instantly.

I didn’t know where else to post this as I couldn’t find anything on the status ailment sword patch.

“Skill SkillSystems” and “status ailment sword” hook the same part and can not be used at the same time.
“Status ailment sword” is like an improved version of poison sword, you can set additional effects of sleep, confusion, and silence.

“Skill SkillSystems” is a huge patch that implements various skills.
Depending on your skills, there are skills that it need to hook and process when attacked.

they both need to hook the process of attacking.
For that reason,Because It hook in the same place, they conflict with each other and it does not work well.

That explains that, perhaps adding a warning for that specific patch?
I wouldn’t have known that otherwise, as I’m new to this.

Thanks!

I added a note in the latest version.

I’m not sure if it’s too much to ask, but would it be possible to include an explenation for all the patches in the future? Some are obvious but some of them seem unclear as to what they do.

If you have any patches you do not know, please ask me a question.

What does the sword and magic fix patch do for fe6?