FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

For FE8 ch 14 on Erkira’s route, how the access the chest that appear with the tile changes when you open the door?

Fixed a bug in import portrait of FE6. by ver 20180224.23
Thank you for reporting the bug.

In the list box of FEBuilderGBA, you can use the search function by keyboard input.
By entering a key on the list box, you can jump to the desired ID or name item.

For example, you want to select ID: 88 Master Seal on the item screen.

You can also scroll through the list box to find it.
But it gets tired.

At that time, try entering the key on the list box.
Let’s type 88.

Jumped to ID:88 Master Seal.

What if I can not remember ID: 88?
In such a case, let’s input “master”.

Likewise, It will jump to the master seal.

This function is valid for almost all list boxes.
Searching manually makes me tired, so I recommend using the jump function.

The search rules are as follows.
First, search as ID.

If it can not be searched as an ID, it searches with a leading match as a character string next.
If it can not be searched even by the first match, it will search by partial match.

There is a limitation that if you have the name of the same name, you can only jump to the first one…
but, It’s easier than searching manually.

1 Like

By the way, do you think there’s a way to go through this limitation ? Like adding a button “go to next occurence” ? Cause sometimes there’s 2 or 3 classes with the same name, but really far from each other (pupil for example)

If things of the same name are scattered in various places,
It is easiest to specify an ID rather than a name.

Because it is searching by multiple methods, it is the first reason that it is hard to do next.
Next, when I start doing it, I have to support two buttons for searching the next and searching before,
The second reason is that the search form becomes longer.

It would be nice if it could be hidden like patch or a detailed menu,
Processing depends on the order of lists, so if I hide it and change the order, I will have to fix all of the program, which is pretty tough.

Therefore, if there are many names with the same name,
Currently, the alternative proposal that can be proposed is to search by ID rather than by name.

How do promotional gains work in fe6? I noticed in fe 7 and 8, there is a section to modify them, but there isn’t in fe6.

FE6 promotion bonuses should work by simply adding the difference between the two class’s bases. For instance, say the cavalier has five strength base and the paladin has seven strength base. A cavalier promoting to paladin would get two strength bonus.

Thank you, I have one last question about that kinda stuff.

Any way to raise maximum level caps?

Sure but the problem is often to FIND the ID thanks to the name, because you can easily remember the name of the class, but it’s really easy to forget the ID !

Do you have a real reason to hack FE6 instead of FE8, because nowadays there’s much more resources for FE8 and FEBuilder is working better with FE8 tbh.

Yeah, I noticed, unfortunately, my project requires me to stick with fe6, so I’m just trying to make sure I can use everything available.

I mean, what has FE6 that FE8 does not have ?

Nothing in terms of features, however, my project relies on fe6’s story, so I can’t move games.

Well, it’s completely possible to port maps, mugs, and texts of FE6 to FE8.
Anyway, the maximum level caps, you mean being able to have a unit lvl 25 for example ?

Yes, that is what I mean.

I’m going to try to find something working for you ^^

Thanks! I appreciate all the help everyone here has been.

You don’t need to stick to FE6 for anything you mentioned. If your goal is to make a reskin of FE6, then by all means go ahead, but as someone who makes fairly popular reskins, it’s not easy to get people’s attention with them.

Anyway, if you really want to stick to FE6, here’s your solution for the cap level:
Open the hexeditor of FEBuilder.
Jump to 0x25132.
The value should be 0x14. Be careful, it’s hexcode, so 0x14 = 20. If you want a cap level at 25, change 14 by 19.
Then jump to 0x17754.
Repeat the operation.

Thank you for this, I’ll make sure to try this.